Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    I'd take a minute per gig of data if I didn't have to use my camera as a card reader (your test shows less, I know). This is pushing me closer to the edge of picking up one of these little netbooks. Thanks for the research and write up Jason.

2. Collapse Details
    Great Find Jason!! So are we saying that the Addonics adapter should work with any Expresscard slot on just about any laptop running Vista? I realize that you only tested this on the S10 but in theory...

3. Collapse Details
    NOT VISTA. I have not tested Vista. I am not saying it will not work, but I have only tested XP pro and XP home.

I did not mention this in the write up but I also have this working on a Dell Inspiron laptop running XP Pro SP2

Theoretically this should work with OTHER LAPTOPS. The Netbook is a real advantage because of cost, size, and portability.

4. Collapse Details
    Sorry - i misunderstood about vista. Thanks.

5. Collapse Details
    I don't know if anyone is still checking this thread, but I bought exactly the above system, the addonics card and the lenovo s10e, but when I insert the addonics adaptor, the entire system freezes, and will not respond to any input. I have to hold down the power key to restart. If I try to start with the adaptor in place, the system will not boot. Any ideas? Thanks!

6. Collapse Details
    I had the same problem. When I took the adapter out it would be fine. I finally got it working by taking out the card, shutting off the machine. Putting the P2 card and the Addonics adapter in together, powering up the machine and then installing the drivers as suggested above. I hvae not done extensive testing yet but all seems to work - have the glitch menitoned above with inserting a new P2 card - just have to do the Add Hardware step and all seems to work.

7. Collapse Details
    Awesome, that was great advice, that fixed the freezing problem. However, now I have a problem where P2CMS says that it can't access the database, then when I try to read the card, it says that there might be a problem with virtual memory, then crashes. Any ideas about that? Thanks!

8. Collapse Details
    Glad that worked.. Hmm..have not heard of your latest problem - I don't use P2cms - I just use the viewer for everything so not sure...You could try the Panasonic web site for support or maybe someone else here can shed some light...Good luck...

9. Collapse Details
    Glad to hear others are having success with this. I also don't use P2cms. I just use viewer. Report back if you find a solution. Thanks guys.

10. Collapse Details
    Mentholated Member Nick Walters's Avatar
    I thought I'd point out that the 750gb version of the Scorpio Blue laptop HD is out:
    LINK

The 1TB version should be around sometime soon(I hope)...that'd be THE offloading machine, lol.

A netbook/Addonics/1TB dumping station? it doesn't get much better then that.
    Visit me at my website www.NickBrianWalters.com
    I learn a new piece of useless information every day.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast