Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    is this an HPX300 or 500?
    I was at the MMVA's tonight (much music video awards) and was looking at the cameras and it looked like they were using hpx300/500's as some of the secondary cameras. They were HD for sure, but usually much music uses old betacams

Maybe someone can tell me from the look of the camera body in the pic if its a hpx at all. Might also be a sony HDCAM

It definitely looked like an hpx300 from the handle shape and placement and the body size.

2. Collapse Details
    It doesn't appear to me to be a 2/3" mount to the camera, so I'd guess from that it's a 300. That is a honkin' lens!

3. Collapse Details
    Most likely neither camera. Something like that will need to be either Triax or Multi-core for the long distance back to the truck or studio. My money is on Triax. As for model/make, it's hard to tell from the distance of the photo.
    Ryan Skeete
    www.ryanskeete.com

4. Collapse Details
    thats not a 300 - the handle doesn't go back far enough.
    Flaca Productions/Los Angeles
    PDW-F800 & PMW-F5
    Network lighting, sound and support.
    http://www.FlacaProductions.com

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by earmarkcreative View Post
    Most likely neither camera. Something like that will need to be either Triax or Multi-core for the long distance back to the truck or studio. My money is on Triax. As for model/make, it's hard to tell from the distance of the photo.

You can do that with most any camera these day with the addition of the Telecast fiber products. I would say that the handle design doesn't look like the 300. But the side of the 300 and 500 are very distinctive. If there was another shot that showed the LCD plament and a couple of knobs I could tell for sure.

Best,

Jan
    Jan Crittenden Livingston
    Panasonic System Communications Corporation
    Partner Sales Manager, NY and NJ

6. Collapse Details
    From the size of the lens, as in it looks 2/3" to me, based on the size, it could be one of these:

The upwards slant and the rear viewfinder mount look very unlike a camcorder.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by earmarkcreative View Post
    The award show was in the parking lot of the studio. The building you see on the right is the studio lol

Quote Originally Posted by paulears View Post
    From the size of the lens, as in it looks 2/3" to me, based on the size, it could be one of these:

The upwards slant and the rear viewfinder mount look very unlike a camcorder.
    That pic you showed is exactly how the body looked. No buttons or anything on the side of it. What camera is that?

And the rear viewfinder is just a small studio monitor type thingy because the camera wasn't shoulder mounted, but on a big tripod.

got you another pic

Last edited by blackdogs377; 06-22-2009 at 11:28 PM.

8. Collapse Details
    looks like the HDC-1500

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by kyle_doris View Post
    looks like the HDC-1500
    Yea i figured out that it is most likely the HDC-1400 or the HDC-1500. In the second picture, beside it there is also a HDLA-1500

10. Collapse Details
    Looks like a AK-HC3500.
    Jason R. Johnston
    Fifty Oars Motion Pictures | fiftyoars.com | jasonrjohnston.com
    "May the wind be at our backs."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast