Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by flinty View Post
    But they cant do better .
    You can't be serious? That's like saying a Super 35mm could do only as good as 16mm, but not any better. lol. Are you seriously saying an HMC150 couldn't do better? C'mon, man. lol. I love my HV20; It is capable of some great looking footage (at time even amazing or film like), but seriously. Cameras like the HMC150 are on another level and even more capable. That camera produces superior colors, less noise, WAY WAY better low light footage, superior dynamic range, has manual controls and a very clearly sharper image in Cinemode/Cinegamma than the HV series, which photos have proven the HV series loses resolution in cinemode, which is the best mode for the most latitude. The HMC150 would have done better....in the right hands, of course.

Now, will the HMC150 be worlds better? In some shots it may be only marginally better, but it will be better in pretty much every shot if the person knows how to use the camera well. In some shots the HMC150 will look a lot better.

Dollar for dollar the HV20/30/etc are great deals and amazing bang for your bucks that can be comparable to highend cameras. Heck, my best friend saw footage of mine on my HD DLP projector at 110" and said it looked like a movie. That's a huge compliment. However, I know the HMC150 footage would look even better. Sometimes only marginally so and sometimes dramatically so, depending on the scene.

Now, cameras like the 7D and 5D Mark II are capable of destroying the HV20/HV30 in a lot of scenes and they cost anywhere from $1800-$3,500, which fits the price range of cameras you say couldn't do any better. Those two certainly would be able to produce superior images.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by skital View Post
    You can't be serious? That's like saying a Super 35mm could do only as good as 16mm, but not any better. lol. Are you seriously saying an HMC150 couldn't do better? C'mon, man. lol. I love my HV20; It is capable of some great looking footage (at time even amazing or film like), but seriously. Cameras like the HMC150 are on another level and even more capable. That camera produces superior colors, less noise, WAY WAY better low light footage, superior dynamic range, has manual controls and a very clearly sharper image in Cinemode/Cinegamma than the HV series, which photos have proven the HV series loses resolution in cinemode, which is the best mode for the most latitude. The HMC150 would have done better....in the right hands, of course.

Now, will the HMC150 be worlds better? In some shots it may be only marginally better, but it will be better in pretty much every shot if the person knows how to use the camera well. In some shots the HMC150 will look a lot better.

Dollar for dollar the HV20/30/etc are great deals and amazing bang for your bucks that can be comparable to highend cameras. Heck, my best friend saw footage of mine on my HD DLP projector at 110" and said it looked like a movie. That's a huge compliment. However, I know the HMC150 footage would look even better. Sometimes only marginally so and sometimes dramatically so, depending on the scene.

Now, cameras like the 7D and 5D Mark II are capable of destroying the HV20/HV30 in a lot of scenes and they cost anywhere from $1800-$3,500, which fits the price range of cameras you say couldn't do any better. Those two certainly would be able to produce superior images.
    Well i stand by what i said, often what i get from my HV30 looks as good if not better than whats on the hd channel over here.regarding the 7D Its a known fact the picture is less sharp then the HVs, i dont like cine mode it softens the picture and is too orangey for me i just use P mode 25P.
    By the way i am only talking about shooting outdoors.

3. Collapse Details
    I'll sum it up this way: in the right condition the HV cameras (and other similar consumer cams) can produce images that are equally good as their more expensive brethren, although at considerably more efforts. But it's in the adverse conditions (low light, high dynamic range, fast moving productions on a limited time and budget) that those more expensive cameras going to shine through. That's why they cost more.
    "Local studio seeking young female actresses for short film in which they definitely will NOT be killed. Lack of identifying scars, dental records, or concerned family a plus. Payment to be discussed after shooting...uh...filming."

www.hiddendreamsmedia.com

4. Collapse Details
    Dont argue at all but as long as i get good results like below from a cheap cam i am happy

http://vimeo.com/6937367?hd=1

http://vimeo.com/7479006

http://vimeo.com/6686866
    Last edited by flinty; 12-22-2009 at 02:06 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234