Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    FINALLY got the Mac version registered. Running footage through it now, and reporting any bugs I find to Cineform.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac_Brody View Post
    FINALLY got the Mac version registered. Running footage through it now, and reporting any bugs I find to Cineform.
    So how's Neo Scene looking Isaac?

“The talent of an artist is never measured on how real they can create something, it’s on how much life they can give it”

3. Collapse Details
    It's working out well, just ran out of raw footage to run through it to test and compare.

4. Collapse Details
    It's working out well, just ran out of raw footage to run through it to test and compare.
    Awesome. I just was looking at Neoscene on their website. Need to upgrade my OS from 10.4.11 to 10.5 to use it I guess.

“The talent of an artist is never measured on how real they can create something, it’s on how much life they can give it”

5. Collapse Details
    Any more thoughts on the subject, Isaac? For a Mac user would you recommend Neoscene over others as a workflow preference? (if this isn't putting you on the spot).

6. Collapse Details
    Dear David,

I am currently testing the GH1 (NTSC Model) workflow with Edius Neo 2 (trial version) and I was also using the free utility which converts AVCHD into the intermediate CanopusHQ codec.

This works great with the 720p60 footage, but for the 1080i60 wrapper the additional 24p pulldown is required. The free utility offers some pulldown options but none of them seems to work for the GH1 specific wrapper.

Are you planning to offer a GH1 specific option for the free utility converting the 1080i60 wrapper into 1080p24 Canoopus HQ in one go?

This is a crucial buying decision for me (I am planning to buy the Edius software simply because the performance is best on my dualcore system - believe me, I've spent some hours on other products ... no crashes, fluid, very nice).

best regards, Gunther

P.S.: forgot to mention that I am on Windows Vista 32bit
    Last edited by GMC; 06-29-2009 at 05:00 AM. Reason: Vista operating system

7. Collapse Details
    This is a message I got from David re: Edius compatibility:
    Never used it. If Edius is compatible with media standards like VfW, DShow or Quicktime is might be compatible, but I don't have high hopes for it, as I think I would have heard that it works. Nothing CineForm can do, as it is up to Edius to be open.

Edius is indeed a very stable platform. I haven't had any issues with it whatsoever. AVCHD kicks my comp in the gizzards but I need to be a little more generous when it comes to memory...actually I think an i7 is in order given the drop in prices...
    I'm shooting a short in a couple of months and I too am looking for the best workflow when it comes to pulldown etc.

"Circles" Thread HERE

"Circles" Facebook fan page HERE

'Money talks they say. All it ever said to me was "Goodbye."' - Cary Grant

8. Collapse Details
    deleted
    Last edited by GMC; 06-30-2009 at 06:38 AM. Reason: sorry, I mixed up neoscene with Edius NEO

9. Collapse Details
    any free alternatives to pull down removal? in regards to vegas?

10. Collapse Details
    I am finding that Premiere Elements 7 doesn't like 720 footage from the GH1 at all. I'd like to use 1080 footage and 720 footage on the same timeline (so I could shoot in whatever seemed best for the shot). I'm trialling Neoscene for the 720 stuff and PE accepts that, but the rendered result when using the PE AVCHD 1080 project preset and exporting to AVCHD is horrible - like every horizontal line is repeated twice, a kind of venetian blinds effect. Any suggestions? I realise that I'm scrabbling around at the low end of things here... Pinnacle Studio 12 does the job natively with no problem but I'd rather use PE.

Meanwhile I shall continue to experiment - the best help is self-help!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast