Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
  1. Collapse Details
    Ok, I downloaded the Neoscene, and I had the following experience...

1) The Tool name appears to be:

"ReMaster"...

2) When I run 'ReMaster' select my MTS file, it is shown in the selection list with a thumbnail, but when I click on 'convert', the program 'just hangs', the status bar never becomes highlighted, nor dos the 'stop' button become 'enabled'... a second click on the 'convert' button, yields a program crash and exit...

I'll be trying the JES tool next...

The one thing I did notice on the Cineform website, was a requirement of 4 GB of memory... I only have 2 in my Mac Book Pro... to me the lesser memory should result in slower conversions... not crashes...

2. Collapse Details
    hi,
    i'm really new to this forum. I experienced the same problem with my mac book pro and neoscene (10.2 b27). i bought the neoscene but it doesn't work properly on mac os(10.6.2). around 10 sec i get allways 3 or 4 jagged frames and it doesn't matter which are the settings. i tried the trial on windows and it's working pretty well.
    somebody else knows allready about that?

3. Collapse Details
    New build for the Mac is up (build 30). Reportedly the tearing/corrupted frames issue is fixed.
    Check out my short films on Vimeo

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by fabi8bit View Post
    hi,
    i'm really new to this forum. I experienced the same problem with my mac book pro and neoscene (10.2 b27). i bought the neoscene but it doesn't work properly on mac os(10.6.2). around 10 sec i get allways 3 or 4 jagged frames and it doesn't matter which are the settings. i tried the trial on windows and it's working pretty well.
    somebody else knows allready about that?
    The windows version of NeoScene has the same problem (as of 01/23/2010) -- the frames in the first few seconds have severe ghosting. From what I can tell, the Windows version of VoltaicHD appears to work correctly (no ghosting).

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by noirist View Post
    The windows version of NeoScene has the same problem (as of 01/23/2010) -- the frames in the first few seconds have severe ghosting. From what I can tell, the Windows version of VoltaicHD appears to work correctly (no ghosting).
    So can someone tell me which is better. Cineform or VoltaicHD?

6. Collapse Details
    I use TMPGEnc 4.0 Xpress, no problems so far that I can see and you can use the Cineform codec.

Randy

7. Collapse Details
    I am noticing that neoscene in the medium quality setting is getting some slight artifacts that the original picture does not have. There is some additional noise and little dots around detail edges that I don't see in the original clips.

8. Collapse Details
    Could be, medium is the mode that is "good enough" for average use, but I always use High or Filmscan 1 (next product up.)
    David Newman
    CTO, CineForm
    http://twitter.com/David_Newman

9. Collapse Details
    Just installed the latest trial version of Neoscene and having one problem with Final Cut Express 4.
    The GH-1 is PAL and I'm shooting 1280 x 720, 50fps (basically the SH setting).

The first time I converted the files they looked perfect (but had no Neoscene watermark on vision). The second time I tried, I'd read up more about what i was supposed to be doing (ticking boxes etc) and now my footage looks good (with watermark invision) BUT slightly speeded up.
    I've tried ticking both 'pulldown' and 'none'. Either way it works without a hitch, and looks like it does out of the camera except slightly speeded up.
    I know I'm doing something dumb here.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789