Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
  1. Collapse Details
    I am having trouble to convert 720 60P with VoltaicHD in any configuration.

The output file is playing the image 3 times faster and then the pic freeze until the end of the movie (the original clip time).

The sound plays good as the original movie.

in Pal mode (50P) this is not happening.

Any Idea?

2. Collapse Details
    Hopefully, this hasn't been posted yet (I did a search). I'm using the GH1 hack firmware, filming with 24p in a 60i wrapper (C settings). When doing a custom convert from the settings (converting from MTS to ProRes), the footage looks good, but the audio drifts and goes out of sync eventually, after about say, a minute. The audio was directly from the camera. I don't think the hack should affect using VoltaicHD -- but I'm wondering if using the 60i wrapper, then deinterlacing and removing pulldown in Voltaic to ProRes, is this audio drift "normal"? Is there a setting I'm missing? Thanks.

3. Collapse Details
    Can someone tell me the advantage of using Voltaic over the traditional Log and Capture in FCP. I usually shoot 720p 50 which can be dropped on a 25p timeline fine. I can also take my 50p file duplicate it and then open in Cinema Tools and convert to 25p. The resulting file when dragged onto a 25p timeline plays in perfect half speed, along with the half speed audio. I have also started to shoot FHD 25p (50i wrapper) and it looks fine when I import into FCP. I haven't ticked native as it always crashes when I do a tripod stress test.

On the site there is no mention of the pulldown from 50i to 25p, it's just 60i to 24p. Is this available in Voltaic HD

So really just need to know what Voltaic brings over Log and Transfer. I guess you might have a larger choice of codecs. Pro res works well for me though

all the best

Richard
    Last edited by reggietelly; 08-13-2010 at 02:57 AM.

4. Collapse Details
    For the recent DVXVillainFest I shot on my un-hacked GH1 using 1080p/24. I used a combination of camera audio with a Rode VideoMic and an h4n - I found both audio sources quite usable.

However, when I converted the AVCHD to WMV/24p using VoltaicHD on my 64-bit Win7 workstation, the audio from the camera was out right from the start on the converted file while it was perfectly in sync on the original file. I noticed that the longer the clip the farther out the sound was. Longer clips were more than a second out. It was a fairly easy fix in Vegas to re-sync the audio (and once re-synced it stayed in sync) but it was rather annoying. The video quality of the converted file was very good.

Is this common? Read through this entire thread looking for an answer, but no luck. Has anyone found this or is it unique to me?

Thanks in advance.
    A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynchenstein View Post
    For the recent DVXVillainFest I shot on my un-hacked GH1 using 1080p/24. I used a combination of camera audio with a Rode VideoMic and an h4n - I found both audio sources quite usable.

However, when I converted the AVCHD to WMV/24p using VoltaicHD on my 64-bit Win7 workstation, the audio from the camera was out right from the start on the converted file while it was perfectly in sync on the original file. I noticed that the longer the clip the farther out the sound was. Longer clips were more than a second out. It was a fairly easy fix in Vegas to re-sync the audio (and once re-synced it stayed in sync) but it was rather annoying. The video quality of the converted file was very good.

Is this common? Read through this entire thread looking for an answer, but no luck. Has anyone found this or is it unique to me?

Thanks in advance.
    This happens to me as well, always have to resync audio after using voltaichd. I have read of voltaic's forums where other people have complained about this and they just say it works on their end so it must be our problem. Not really the answer I went looking for. Isn't a huge issue as most of the time I have second audio anyway but you're right, it is annoying and time consuming. So I guess I'm just saying yes, happens to me too.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789