Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by squig View Post
    I had the same problem, I actually thought it was recorded that slow until I saw this thread. I've used up my 10 conversions so I can't troubleshoot it now. I've noticed that neo scene has been making some changes to the black background of your stormtrooper source file. I've been discussing this with David from cineform. Your file link was down so I've put it on megaupload for the cineform guys to have a look at.
    I've seen that the demo restriction may be a bit tight for advanced users, so we'll update the demo limit on the next release of VoltaicHD (Mac and PC).

2. Collapse Details
    Thanks for the update.

I just downloaded 1.8.5 (just released?). The demo restriction seem to be the same? And I am still having the slow motion problem. Would this be fixed in the next release? After this test I only have 3 conversions left and I don't think I have enough success to decide to buy it. If that's fixed and slow motion (which looks very nice) is a feature than it would be very attractive to me.

3. Collapse Details
    Hey QTI, I have your footage, what are you trying to do? I can test PAL coversions for you. Are you converting your 1080 footage and it's turning into slomo?

4. Collapse Details
    Many thanks Isaac for your help. Just trying to convert 720 50p footage and its turning into slomo using the default options. I tried manually setting it to 25fps in the advanced option and the clip was unplayable.

1080 clips are totally fine.

5. Collapse Details
    I've tried a couple of QTI's shots in Voltaic. What happens with the 720 files is that the 50p stream in the AVCHD file is output to the video track as 25p making it slo-mo while the audio track comes out at original duration. I fixed it in FCP by de-linking video and audio, speeding the video to 200% and then re-linking which works but is a tad kludgy. Don't know if that's possible in iMovie.

A radio-button in Preferences to make the re-coding skip every second 50p frame would be good. Guess ditto for 720/60p material, haven't tried how that works. Just for the love of Crom don't make it interlace 50p into 50i / 60p into 30i!

6. Collapse Details
    Ah, well it sounds like it's actually interpreting the footage correctly right? The 720P setting is slowmotion no? I'll try adjusting some settings under prores.

7. Collapse Details
    I guess the absolutely correct way to interpret would be metatagging the resulting QuickTime file's video track with 50 fps, not 25 and thereby keeping the audio in sync.

8. Collapse Details
    Still Alive Mod Jack Daniel Stanley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac_Brody View Post
    Yes, it properly reverses out the chroma. It doesn't do any chroma interpolation to 4:2:2 like neoscene. I've requested this feature for encoding to prores but don't know yet if they can implement this.
    Isaac am I missing something re not going to ProRes - I just select adanced, QT, options, and ProRes in Voltaic. Is it FauxRes or something due to fake chroma interpolation or something?
    Thanks.
    JACKDANIELSTANLEY.COM
    FREE AWARD-WINNING MOSTLY-HORROR SHORTS FROM
    DVXUSER, TRIBECA, SLAMDANCE, SXSW, TORONTO AFTER DARK, AND MORE...

9. Collapse Details
    Dear Isaac,

I've just downloaded the demo version 2.3 of voltaic HD for PC (Vista), but under "preferences" I cannot find the "remove pulldown" option (as described on the homepage). Is this a restriction of the demo version?

Thanks for your help.

best regards, Gunther

10. Collapse Details
    Ah, reason being that pulldown removal is only available on the Mac side at the moment. They're adding it to PC. Let me shoot them an email to see when it will be ready.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast