Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    I had the same problem, I actually thought it was recorded that slow until I saw this thread. I've used up my 10 conversions so I can't troubleshoot it now. I've noticed that neo scene has been making some changes to the black background of your stormtrooper source file. I've been discussing this with David from cineform. Your file link was down so I've put it on megaupload for the cineform guys to have a look at.
    gamma-movie.com The Indie Gathering 2016 Sci-Fi feature screenplay award winner.

2. Collapse Details
    the new version of VLC player plays back the mts files on a mac.
    gamma-movie.com The Indie Gathering 2016 Sci-Fi feature screenplay award winner.

3. Collapse Details
    Thanks squig

Yes all the links are down as Dropbox stopped them for "excessive usage" so thanks for passing them on to Cineform.

There are visibly more artifacts when the MTS clips are played on VLC than the files converted from Neo Scene which I have also just downloaded to test (which look much cleaner and smoother).

Re slow in Voltaic - may be worth mentioning that only the video was slowed but the sound was played at normal speed.

4. Collapse Details
    I noticed there's some visible artifacts showing on the back of the macbook lid on the mts source file. I'm interested how it would look if it was shot with mjpeg.

5. Collapse Details
    the new version of VLC player plays back the mts files on a mac.
    Cheers,I will give this a go for playback.

Problems I have had with Voltaic are: Quitting on my MBP when exporting to Pro Res?? I've tried this on another computer and it's no problem. Also with QTI's clips I have seen some major blocking when exporting out to the default AIC, with Photo Jpeg for example it's very clean. The 10 export demo for Voltaic is a bit limiting IMO, I know it's only 40 bucks, but they should really extend this a little more as I feel they've got a good product that deserves a bit more time.
    Adrian

6. Collapse Details
    yeah I didn't notice I had only 10 exports until I'd used most of them and I'm not done testing. Might be your OS doesn't play well voltaic. I'm running 10.5.6. I'd stick to prores and avoid AIC unless you have a particular need for it.

VLC will play the files but they're not pretty

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by squig View Post
    yeah I didn't notice I had only 10 exports until I'd used most of them and I'm not done testing. Might be your OS doesn't play well voltaic. I'm running 10.5.6. I'd stick to prores and avoid AIC unless you have a particular need for it.

VLC will play the files but they're not pretty
    Good to know that the software follows the requests. Since this baby is going to sell like warm bread, they can all only profit from updating their softw.

I am still waiting for my PAL version to hit the shops in Europe and will thus have no need for pulldown but without this forum I wouldnt be able to make the decisions and know that the workflow of avchd will improve as well.

8. Collapse Details
    Voltaic and Flamingo HD together look like a good alternative to FCP log and transfer if on Mac. It's good to have options, this way you're free to work with whatever you like for editing and post. I'm starting to think that an hdmi real time capture from the camera playback could work and be relatively quick also ( maybe using cineform for the capture codec ). I'm looking at getting the matrox mxo mini, so will have to try this when I finally get the camera.

QTI, for 720 25p, in preferences try this; enable advanced export settings, choose your quicktime codec say pro res, select frame rate at 25, click ok. In the main window open the 720 files you want at regular speed and convert. This worked for me.
    Adrian

9. Collapse Details
    The new version of VoltaicHD should be up this Tuesday and it has auto pulldown built in so it should work for the GH1, Canons, and other Panasonic flavors of 24P.

10. Collapse Details
    VoltaicHD for Mac with Pulldown removal just went up. Great low cost affordable solution to pulldown removal.

http://www.shedworx.com/voltaichd

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast