Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    VoltaicHD One Step Pulldown - GOOD NEWS
    Last week I got in touch with Justin over at Shedworx and mentioned the desire for filmmakers to have the option to use inverse pulldown in VoltaicHD. They quickly implemented inverse pulldown into VoltaicHD and it will be available in the next few days. So a much easier one step workflow will be available for both Mac and PC with no need for using JES. I've tried it and it works.

Stay tuned.

2. Collapse Details
    Reserved for workflow

3. Collapse Details
    Does it properly reverse out the chroma from the interlaced 4:2:0 recording?

4. Collapse Details
    Yes, it properly reverses out the chroma. It doesn't do any chroma interpolation to 4:2:2 like neoscene. I've requested this feature for encoding to prores but don't know yet if they can implement this.

5. Collapse Details
    Barry, What are you thinking for your work flow in Edius (given that there are lots of exciting developments in transcoding etc)?

Issac, I might have said it before but you are a champ!!!

"Circles" Thread HERE

"Circles" Facebook fan page HERE

'Money talks they say. All it ever said to me was "Goodbye."' - Cary Grant

6. Collapse Details
    I'm intrigued by the idea that CanopusHQ can easily remove pulldown, so I might go with that. I haven't played with native 1080/24p-over-60i in EDIUS as-is, so it might already be there from native AVCHD files and I just don't know it.

7. Collapse Details
    I just put a 50p clip through Voltaic, which was uploaded by QTI http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=171355
    Changing the preferences to expert settings and then outputting the clip at 50p ( I went to Photo Jpeg ), gave a perfect slow motion in one step. I had tried this with one of the 60p clips and it seemed to work. I don't know if this is something that anybody else has tried to do yet, but it seems like an alternative way to me, to get slow motion very quickly.
    Adrian

8. Collapse Details
    I just downloaded the trial version of Voltaic.

I didn't choose the expert mode or any other mode, and my clip also came out as a perfect slow motion in one step - in fact I can't get a clip in normal speed. What should I do? I have already used 4 of the 10 trials permitted...

9. Collapse Details
    I didn't choose the expert mode or any other mode, and my clip also came out as a perfect slow motion in one step - in fact I can't get a clip in normal speed. What should I do? I have already used 4 of the 10 trials permitted...
    Is this happening to the 1080 clips too? If it's just happening to the 720 clips then maybe try exporting the two types separately. Unfortunately, the only way I can see that this works is by changing the export options in preferences and typing in the frame rate for export along with the codec you choose. I'm just trying this method out, so I could be missing something.
    Adrian

10. Collapse Details
    No its only happening to the 720 clips and not the 1080 clips, and I don't know what to change in the export options (I tried setting output to 25fps and the clip became unplayable).

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast