Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Collapse Details
    I still use Blender. blendswap.com is full of great assets like rigged people and lots of props. blender.org
    If drawing is more your thing, I like Storyboarder, it's great

-Shot in El Director Vision-
    FIND US ON FACEBOOK

Writer/Director/Producer/Cinematographer/Editor/Composer/Stuntman
    BMD URSA Mini 4K/Avid MC 8.4/NukeX 10/Blender/Mixcraft 8/ProTools 12/Resolve Studio 14

Feature Films
    Wulf-2008 | Leap-2010 | Leap: Rise of the Beast-2011 | Leap: Revelation-2016

2. Collapse Details
    I took a look at Storyboarder, but I'm not very good at drawing. Or rather, I should say, it takes me a very long time. It looks great for people who can draw basic figures.

Blendswap looks like it may be similar to the models I'm already working with in Poser Debut. Another thing that I am not so good at!

I think that I may just take the plunge and go with Storyboard Quick. It looks simple enough for even the technologically challenged like myself to use.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickHitRecord View Post
    I took a look at Storyboarder, but I'm not very good at drawing.
    It could be that it's not the tool for you, but Storyboarder does have a Shot Generator feature that will auto-generate drawings:

Generate a shot just by typing...
    Can't draw? Have a shot list? Or just want to quickly mockup reference shots without drawing? Just type a description into the Shot Generator in the sidebar, press return, and generate as many shots as you'd like. Change parameters as you want. Shots are fully customizable.
    Double click to put it in the reference layer of the board. The generated shots are meant to be drawn over so they can be used as a guide.
    If you can describe a shot and draw a smiley face, you can storyboard!

https://wonderunit.com/storyboarder/generatorscene.mp4

But I can't compare it to Blendswap or Poser Debut...
    ----------
    Jim Feeley
    POV Media

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Feeley View Post
    It could be that it's not the tool for you, but Storyboarder does have a Shot Generator feature that will auto-generate drawings:

Generate a shot just by typing...
    Can't draw? Have a shot list? Or just want to quickly mockup reference shots without drawing? Just type a description into the Shot Generator in the sidebar, press return, and generate as many shots as you'd like. Change parameters as you want. Shots are fully customizable.
    Double click to put it in the reference layer of the board. The generated shots are meant to be drawn over so they can be used as a guide.
    If you can describe a shot and draw a smiley face, you can storyboard!

https://wonderunit.com/storyboarder/generatorscene.mp4

But I can't compare it to Blendswap or Poser Debut...
    Dude, I had no clue about that and I've been using it for a while lol . Great tip!

-Shot in El Director Vision-
    FIND US ON FACEBOOK

Writer/Director/Producer/Cinematographer/Editor/Composer/Stuntman
    BMD URSA Mini 4K/Avid MC 8.4/NukeX 10/Blender/Mixcraft 8/ProTools 12/Resolve Studio 14

Feature Films
    Wulf-2008 | Leap-2010 | Leap: Rise of the Beast-2011 | Leap: Revelation-2016

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by El Director View Post
    Dude, I had no clue about that and I've been using it for a while lol . Great tip!
    Ha! Ya, I think it's something they added a few months after the initial release. Easy to miss...

If you do facebook, it's worth following their group (link in my post above) so you can see what they're planning, hear about bugs & workarounds, sign up for betas (like their current iPad beta), etc...
    ----------
    Jim Feeley
    POV Media

6. Collapse Details
    That's actually pretty remarkable. And you can't beat the price!

7. Collapse Details
    +2 for frameforge, you can be simple of as complex as you like, design complete sets, include lighting , camera angles

8. Collapse Details
    Facing a deadline, I went ahead and bought a non-expiring version of Storyboard Quick Studio. It was a little spendy but I am pretty happy with it. Going in from never having used it before, I was able to generate a 30-frame storyboard and then create a simple animatic (outside of the program, in Premiere) with some text-to-speech mp3s in about six hours. I delivered well ahead of schedule and the client seems pleased with it.

Of course, there are some little things I wish they would change, like making the masking tool act like a standard brush tool, instead of a radial vector tool, and being able to control transparency levels so that I can show movement a little better. But the biggest advantage for me over the other programs that have been mentioned here is that I can create easily distinguishable, recurring characters.

Here's an old demo I found online: https://youtu.be/ciG_CUeE_3A

9. Collapse Details
    Sketchup. Simple to use. No software is going to be perfect. It's about making it work for you!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345