Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Turning off DRS
    Can anyone give me a step by step guide on how to turn DRS completely off? At the moment, it is still on a level of 1.

2. Collapse Details
    On the HPX300, DRS is handled differently than on the other cameras. You set the level (1, 2, 3) in the scene file, but you activate it by having DRS set to a user button (or to the "auto knee" switch). So if you haven't activated it using the user button, and you don't have it assigned to the auto knee switch, it's off.

You can verify by going in and changing the DRS level and seeing if your image changes. If you don't see a big change between DRS1 and DRS3, it's off.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by n90guy View Post
    I just recently got a HPX300 and 170 and figured I'd look into the scene files available. Typically I do all of my "looks" in post but want to play with it a bit. I followed the link in the first post the the Panasonic website and when I tried to save the cameras current file scenes I do not have the options available that the instructions call for so I'm stuck. Any help would be appreciated.

FYI: When I select Card functions<Scene File: there is no "YES" just a "return" OR "change".
    I have the same issue here, I have yet to be able to add scene files to the camera as the link that Jan provided does not jive with the menu I have on my HPX300.
    Anyone else have this issue? I will be working on it tonight but I thought I would respond here
    Jason Kubicki
    The Signal Co

4. Collapse Details
    Yes, same problem for my HPX300. Somewhat confusing. I was able to correctly format the card and copy scene files on to it, and then changed the name to SCENE1.TXT, SCENE2.TXT, etc. But no luck in getting the camera to accept them. What am I doing wrong...????

5. Collapse Details
    Hi,

You need to take the SD Card, format it in the camera, save a set of scene files while it is still in the camera. This sets the folder structure that has to be on the card in order to get the card to be able to see and use them. Once you have done this, take the card and place it in your computer. Look at the PRIVATE folder. Drill down through the folders till you see the scene file you saved. You may delete that one and put your new ones here making sure they have been renamed SCENE1, etc.

Hope this helps,

Jan
    Jan Crittenden Livingston
    Panasonic System Communications Corporation
    Partner Sales Manager, NY and NJ

6. Collapse Details
    Thanks Jan! Yes, I got it working perfectly. My confusion came when I tried to Write the custom SD card files to the camera, but I figured that out. Just need to take your time and understand the process. Also, being able to individually initialize F1, F2, etc., back to factory settings while retaining some of the SC card settings on other Scene file positions is really nice. Can't wait to shoot some footage with the custom Scene Files. Thanks again1

~John

7. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    Still wondering how to play with these file for PAL cameras. Jan can you pls help PAL souls here !

8. Collapse Details
    Just use a text editor to change the header information in the scene file to be the appropriate camera name, such as "HPX301E". That works for the other P2 cameras, probably will for this one.

9. Collapse Details
    Do NOT use these scene files for shooting in SD. They are for HD only.
    Ned Miller
    Chicago-based Freelance Videographer
    www.nedmiller.com

10. Collapse Details
    Well you could use them for SD but with adjustment. For example if the Coring is a +5 that will likely make a very soft SD picture, change that. If the Chromas are highly saturated, back them down a little as the color space for SD is much less. If you have the detail way low, boost them a little. So you can modify these, but as Nedcam pointed out, they are optimized for High Def.

Best,

Jan
    Jan Crittenden Livingston
    Panasonic System Communications Corporation
    Partner Sales Manager, NY and NJ

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast