Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    "Mahlen" by: Justin R. Durban
    Now Showing:
    "Mahlen"

- Viewing is Now Open... You can download "Mahlen" here or get it directly here:
    - You can view Mahlen in HD @ Vimeo: http://www.vimeo.com/5935596

- "Mahlen Music .MP3 Score"

- "Mahlen" - Top 8 Finalist - DVXuser.com's QuestFest competition.
    - "Mahlen" - 6th Place - DVXuser.com's QuestFest competition.

"Mahlen"
    (maul - lin)

A Prequel to the short film, "Cristo"

____

There's no going back now. I'm in.

- Greenlit.
    - v.6 of the script.
    - storyboards are ready.
    - most of the Cast is set.
    - most of the Crew is set and ready to roll.
    - HV20 + Twoneil 35mm 35/50/85 mm nikon lenses
    - 3d crew is set.
    - Post Production crew is shaking in his boots.

//

"Mahlen" a short by: Justin R. Durban

Tagline:
    "Our technology should be shared with the world, Elizabeth. Not One."

Short Synopsis:
    Time is Running out for Robert Cristo’s wife, Elizabeth. Together, they have been secluded from society while Robert has desparately continued his nanotechnology research fused with advanced robotics that will aid in her cure.

Long Synopsis/Setup:
    Elizabeth Cristo has been suffering from migraine headaches for the past few years with a diagnosis of an extremely rare bone disease. Scientists and doctors around the world have been unsuccessful in treating her rare and dangerous illness. One thing that is certain... She is dying.

Years ago Elizabeth's husband, Robert Cristo, partnered with the renown scientist and humanitarian, Dr. William Mahlen in hopes to aid and finance his research and development of biometrics to ultimately find a cure for Elizabeth's terminal illness. When Robert discovers that Dr. Mahlen's intentions are vastly different than his own, Robert leaves the foundation to seek the necessary means to continue his research and to find a cure. Robert and Elizabeth have been hiding from Dr. Mahlen for months, each time narrowly evading capture.

An few hours ago, Dr. Mahlen's team found a security breach in their computer mainframe which has lead them to Robert and Elizabeth's current location. A strike force has been dispatched to intercept and regain his intellectual property.

//

Got the film finished. Locked. And uploaded.
    I had a few issues with the visual FX, but I think they will do for now. I'd like to have a festival cut of the film and I'll most likely change some stuff then. Otherwise, I'm pretty happy with the output and I want to thank everyone who put their time and energies into this project. Especially you folks from the Austin, TX area that were willing to take the drive out to my house for the two shooting days. I hope you learned as much as I have and I look forward to working with all you again soon. In return... Got a film? I'll score it!

Till then, I'll just have to relax and wait for approval while my family goes through the suckass chode squat of moving. (again)

I've got a TON of bts and some stills, but i think i'll post them later. Hammering a film out in two weeks where I have spent hours and hours and hours editing, special fx, sound fx, music, and tweaking upon tweaking... it's taxing on a fella. Specially a fella with a wife and baby boy who need your attention too. Hopefully the next film will be a feature and I'll have more time and $$ to carry it along probably. One of which I will have the breathing room to get it done right shot by shot and not missing a beat.

Till then. I hope you'll enjoy the show. Any and all feedback is grateful and appreciated.

Cheers!
    /j

"Mahlen" is approved. Now on with the show.
    & here's my "Mahlen Music .MP3 Score"
    /j

Viewing is Now Open... You can download "Mahlen" here or get it directly here:
    "Mahlen is actually a prequel to my SpyFest film, "Cristo". You can view Cristo Here
    Download The "Mahlen Music .MP3 Score"

"Mahlen" has made the top 8 final films of the QuestFest 09 and will be screening in Los Angeles this weekend. I'm honored that my film will be shown on the 'big screen'. It's just unfortunate that my wife and our baby boy are going on our "Baby Tour" during that time and a trip to the land of milk and honey is not possible at the moment. I hope everyone who attends the event will have a good time and I'll definitely be there in spirit.

I'm hoping to make it to a CPU with internet access as I'll be visiting in-laws the night of the screening. I'm packing my lil' HV20 with me and perhaps i'll find some time to shoot another short while i'm back in ARK and KY visiting family.

Good luck to all the filmmakers and I'm honored to be considered a part of this diverse group. I think Zak summed it up in another post:
    "It's also a great opportunity to see works produced on the Red One, HVX200, EX-1, HV20, D90, GH1 back to back to back."

Have fun and have a few rounds on me!
    /j

"Mahlen" made it to sixth place for the DVXuser.com QuestFest competition. I've submitted it to a few other festivals so lets see where it takes me and I'll decide what to do from there. If it does well in the festival circa, i'll submit it to a few more. But, with every film, i've learned what to do and what not to do. I'm hoping my next film will be just as fun as this one.

I posted the HD festival version of the film on vimeo...
    http://www.vimeo.com/5935596

'till the next round.
    /j
    Last edited by Edgen; 06-05-2010 at 07:50 PM.

justin r. durban -
    yup & yup.

2. Collapse Details
    bts

"Mahlen Music .MP3 Score"

Photos by: Dale Kennemer - www.austinallarts.com

Some Storyboards from the Start

Some Storyboards from the Mid Section:

Some Storyboards from the End:

Last edited by Edgen; 07-09-2009 at 02:24 PM.

justin r. durban -
    yup & yup.

3. Collapse Details
    bts2

And some random stuff...

Last edited by Edgen; 07-09-2009 at 02:47 PM.

justin r. durban -
    yup & yup.

4. Collapse Details
    So excited Justin!!
    Please subscribe to my YOUTUBE CHANNEL to see all of my projects.

Latest short film WELCOME BACK TO THE PARTY for Horrorfest II
    WATCH NOW for a limited time!

5. Collapse Details
    Ooh. Another entry with a 3D component. Feeling the pressure now...

Looking forward to it. Killer poster.
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own"
    MKTG Film, Film Marketing 101

6. Collapse Details
    Awesome Poster! Can't wait to see what you do, good luck!

7. Collapse Details
    Yessssss! Awesome. Nice to see you in this one, Justin. Looking forward to it.

8. Collapse Details
    Are you in need of any more crew? I'd love to help out.
    "You'd better cure all those personal problems that might be holding back something you want to say." -John Cassavetes

9. Collapse Details
    By the look of the poster, this is going to be nothing short of awesome. Looking forward to it man!

HERMAN WITKAM | COMPOSER | SOUND DESIGNER
    Website | IMDb | Facebook | Myspace | Twitter

10. Collapse Details
    Excellent! Really looking forward to it.

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast