Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    nice grabs, so do you mask the 235 aspect ration and then later on crop it?
    I keep meaning to try that but havent yet.
    Matt Harris
    Director / Composer / Colorist / Motion graphics
    http://www.imdb.me/matthewrichardharris

DVXFEST ENTRIES: GLASSJAW / CABIN / CLARA / THE SOLUTION / LAKE WICWAS / BACKFIRE
    BOUNTY ON A DEAD MAN'S HEAD / VACCINE / NO HORIZON / THE BOATSHED / CLEAR SPACE

2. Collapse Details
    pretty much with the aspect thing. I generally shoot with it in mind and then crop and shift as needed.

3. Collapse Details
    You created a very interesting atmosphere, in a good way. Im not sure I fully understood the circle of what was occurring. Will watch it again later when its had time to set in.
    w: Noel Evans TV

e: noel@noelevans.tv
    p: +61 (0) 408 455 374

4. Collapse Details
    I liked your style here. This was a very thought provoking film, although I'm not sure I totally understood everything. I understand what the title means, I think though. Just a couple of things I may have missed, like who the guy was he was chasing or found in the woods. Anyway, you had some excellent camera angles and I thought the acting and editing was very nice. I like the graininess of this film as well. I don't know if you did that on purpose, but it worked nicely. There were a couple of places where it was dark and I couldn't tell if it was my monitor or your compression or what. Like when the girl walks to the house at the end - that was hard to see at the beginning of the walk. There was maybe one more place it was dark, but other than that I thought the lighting was very good and real. Nice work. Good luck.

Watch the film (1/21/13) HERE!

iZaza Slider...Do you?

5. Collapse Details
    thanks. I think it might be a combination of monitor and compression with the darkness issue.. I watched it at a friends and it was was a bit dark also. The graininess is definitely on purpose, although the actual edit doesn't look quite so messy. The grain and the compression don't play thogether well.

6. Collapse Details
    Nice textures here... love the grain and dark nature of the cinematography. Very interesting atmosphere you've created, I was immediately drawn into the story and started watching the characters with increasing interest, studying them, trying to put the pieces together.

I didn't think much about the technicals. IMO, they're fine. Nice camera work, good sound and strong, engaging music. From a story perspective, it felt like a blend of surrealism and naturalism and I enjoyed it thoroughly. Your actors were solid and convincing. Really like the long hold on the last shot...although I'd rather have a quick cut to black than the fade to static/white

Thanks for sharing and great work on this film here.

7. Collapse Details
    This was erie. I enjoyed the coloring. Thanks for sharing.

8. Collapse Details
    More Cowbell Pictures Michael Anthony Horrigan's Avatar
    This was interesting, especially early on. Reminded me of an entry a while back in Hallows Fest called "The Circle". You should check it out.

It was almost too dark at times. I'll have to check it out on my Mac to be sure. I did like the look of it though, nice and grainy. Good intensity during the opening. Great way to end it too.

Nice job.

MAH

MONSTERFEST : 4th Place - Sustained Excellence Award - WESTFEST: 3rd Place - THRILLFEST: 3rd Place

9. Collapse Details
    Cool piece! I like the darkness of your films and this was stronger and more interesting than you last entry (which I still enjoyed watching). I was able to follow the story and thought it was cool. In my opinion, this film could use to replace the dialog by ADR with a decent studio setup and that would really round it out.

I look forward to more of your stuff.

-
    -
    -

10. Collapse Details
    Interseting piece. I'm going to have to watch it a few more time because you lost me. It did appear very dark on spots, but I don't think that is a bad thing in this case. I got a very creepy feel and I like that. You held my interest right to the end.

Good work.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast