Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    "Diner for Two" - an Anthony Misiano film

05-14-2009

Looks like I'm back for more. I will warn everyone, this thread will not be ANYWHERE near as cool and entertaining as the "STUPENDOUS: THE MOVIE" thread. Not at all. "Diner for Two" is a different kind of movie for me. The story is sweet and simple, about a boy and a girl. Doesn't sound like much, but I'm actually quite excited about doing it. Such a departure from "Sixty Seconds" and "STUPENDOUS: THE MOIVE".

Already looks like there's SOME bad news though, but I'm adjusting. It all takes place in a diner, and I found a fantastic location, the only problem is I can only get it at night. The fact is it takes place in the day, it CAN take place at night, and now it will, but it's not that heavy of a story, and I was hoping to avoid any really dramatic lighting, something you tend to get with night shoots. I have a limited amount of wattage and have to try and light an entire diner, so wish me luck.

Auditions are this coming Monday evening, so we'll see how that goes. Already have 32 people scheduled and more keep coming, so that'll make me happy. I have 7 roles to fill.

05-19-2009
    So audition were Monday night, and I can now officially anouce the cast. (photos to come soon)

MICHAEL - Michael Lamendola

SARAH - Jennifer Provenza

JACK - Taran Gray
    BAR TOPS - J.G. Franklin, Stevan Turk, Ken Baker
    COOK - Bryan Barbarin

05-23-2009
    Monday the 25th will be the first rehearsal. It should be a lot of fun, I really want the cast to bond and have a good time. I know that shooting this is going to be a bit of a pain, so I'd like everyone to be going into the shooting days with already present good vibes. We're not even really going to rehearse this time around, just gather in someone's living room, meet and hang out, watch some shorts, talk about the project and characters, and have a bit of a jam session. Someone's bringing a guitar, and I'm bringing my keyboard and bongos. Good vibes baby, good vibes.

Also, I have a FANTASTIC production assistant on this project, Robin Hatfield. Robin has worked for numerous theatres professionally and is by far the most helpful person to have around, helping out with whatever tasks are needed. Love this lady.

Lastly, I have some crew to announce, Jeremy & John Tuttle of DTC Productions (see their thread for "Red Moon Rising") are on board as my DP's and co-executive producers. And Alex Rodriguez, a great P.A. and sound guy I met while working together on another project, is on board as my boom mic operator.

05-27-2009
    Monday's rehearsal went FANTASTICALLY! Everyone bonded, it was tons of fun! (now to the actual work) Below are a couple pictures with captions. Can't talk too much, start a new day job today. Very busy, also got hired on as a DP for two other projects. Yeesh. When it rains it pours I guess.

GROUP PHOTO: From left to right: Anthony Misiano (writer/director/me), Jeremy Tuttle (D.P. along with brother John Tuttle who is behind the camera right now), Bryan Barbarin (Cook), Jennifer Provenza (Sarah), J.G. Franklin (Bar Top #1), Michael Lamendola (Michael), Taran Gray (Jack), Robin Hatfield (P.A.) - not featured, Ken Baker & Stevan Turk our two other Bar Tops who had to leave before this photo was taken. Also Alex Rodriguez our sound guy couldn't make it. And Yes, I made everyone wear nametags, why? It was funny.

This is just pre-jam session, you can see the bongos in the background on the left, and of course the keyboard (a classic 87' CASIO baby, YEAH!) and the guitar. Right now people are enjoying the special features on "STUPENDOUS: THE DVD".
    Last edited by armisiano; 07-21-2009 at 06:00 PM. Reason: updated, 07-19-2009

2. Collapse Details
    06/06/2009
    So I realized my quest may not be as obvious as everyone else's, though it is still a quest, small in scale and personal. To avoid any misinterpretations, or "going over your head-ness", here's a pretty detailed synopsis, enjoy:

Our main character, Michael, is on a quest for love, pining after Sarah, the waitress of his dreams. Sarah is meanwhile on a quest for finding the meaning in her life, escaping, and finding that "something more". His obstacle is his fear, it's internal, and it is symbolically manifested in the form of Jack, Sarah's ex. Sarah's obstacle is the trappings of mundane life. Michael sets out at the beginning and decides today's the day to approach her, to say something to her, when in comes his manifested obstacle, Jack. Will he overcome his fear? Will he defeat the man that stands in true love's way? Will Sarah and Michael find what they were looking for in each other?

I guess you should watch and find out, even if it may be obvious, lol.

-Anthony

06/13/2009
    Below are some pictures from the final dress rehearsal we had the other night actually IN the location. A few people weren't in FULL costume, but it was close enough. We shoot the next two nights, Sunday the 14th and Monday the 15th. I'm excited and actually rather nervous.

Bryan Barbarin (COOK) making us all laugh. Michael Lamendola (Michael) accidentally staying in character between run-thrus.

Jennifer Provenza (Sarah) laughing at her ridiculous waitress cap before it was altered and the frills were removed. As you can see in the photo on the right I cannot help but assume the position of camera whore as soon as I hear a shutter snapping.

Jon & Jeremy Tuttle, our DP's and co producers working hard at, um, stuff.

Taran Gray (Jack) rocking out.

And finally me NOT being a camera whore for a moment (this one was candid, I was not aware of it's being taken) and assuming my more natural position. Looking confused, in thought, while for some reason posing as if I'm a little teapot.

06/27/2009
    Here are some behind the scenes photos from the first 2 nights of shooting. It went on for a thrid night, but sadly our behind the scenes photographer, Derrick Tuskan, (check out his website HERE) was not available that night. Read captions & enjoy.

From left to right, we have (in focus) J.G. Franklin who plays one of our "bar tops". You know the type, they come every day, eat the same food, drink their coffee, and USUALLY keep quiet. Next is Michael Lamendola trying his best to calm a situation that may have gotten a little out of hand. Finally Jennifer Provenza, completely in character, looking on to a visitor from her past she's not very happy to see.

Taran Gray snapping out and quickly back into character. Such a funny guy. Takes his acting and performing very seriously, but as soon as you yell "cut" he's off in a tree chasing a cat or something.

TOP - I think Jennifer Provenza wishes this were a musical. This is what you get when you cast theatrical actors. BOTTOM - Bryan Barbarin looking on as the cameras start to roll.

Finally some true behind the scenes photos. On the far LEFT we see Jon Tuttle, one of the D.P.'s holding the beast, an HVX200 SGPro combo with a 20-40mm f2.8 lens on board. CENTER TOP you see Jon & Jeremy Tuttle along with myself going over the shot list, look closely and you'll notice the storyboards beside my elbow. CENTER BOTTOM is a pretty self explanatory typical behind the scenes photo. And on the far RIGHT is Donovan Vaught on my DVX100B shooting some making of footage for potential DVD use at a later date.
    Last edited by armisiano; 07-07-2009 at 10:55 PM.

3. Collapse Details
    07/07/2009

Yeah so the dang thing already came out, so what? Here are some more BTS pics with my typical captions. Also I thought it'd be cool to show some screen grabs before and after color grading.

Pic 1)
    Jennifer Provenza posing with what is probably a 3 day old "Roast Beef on Rye" plate. Pic 2) It looks like everyone's acting and in the moment, but I have no clue why. The cameras weren't rolling, you can see me over Bryan Barbarin's right shoulder setting stuff up, eh well, good stuff. Pic 3) Jenn in the moment holding out that third "love" in the opening number. Someone described her energy in this film perfectly:
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Food View Post
    I find Jennifer utterly bewitching in her own, very unique way.

Pic 4)
    Hey look, I can direct. Woo-hoo. Pic 5) Michael & Taran share a special moment. Seconds ago Michael was actually coloring Taran's nails black with a Sharpie since he forgot to paint them at home with his sisters nail polish. He works at SeaWorld as a contracted entertainer, and is not allowed to have his nails painted (and Taran's the sort of guy to want to anyway).

Pic 6)
    I'm a huge fan of the song "Get Away". It's sort of a tribute to Teddy Riley, the producer who invented "New Jack Swing" and produced the late 80's Bobby Brown solo albums, as well as Michael Jackson's 1991 album "DANGEROUS" of which I am a big fan. Pic 7) I posted this soley because it's the only BTS shot we have where you can directly see some of our lights. Two china balls are reflected in the window above.

And now for some color correction.

Last edited by armisiano; 07-07-2009 at 11:51 PM.

4. Collapse Details
    reserved 3

5. Collapse Details
    Welcome to the fest!

6. Collapse Details
    Nice to see you here again !

GOOD LUCK !
    --
    Damian Sanchez
    (Music Composer)
    damiansanchez.mail@gmail.com
    www.damiansanchez.com

7. Collapse Details
    Cool. Stupendous was great but it's always good to zig and zag. Looking forward to your film.

Welcome to the fest!

-
    -
    -

8. Collapse Details
    Welcome back....I'm sure this one will be Stupendous too!

9. Collapse Details
    I like simplicity sometimes. can't wait to see it.

10. Collapse Details
    good luck.

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast