Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    I'm not posting any new updates right now. The ship had a bit more work done on it, nothing visually drastic. Just revamped the part with the extended section, the part with the sign on top.

But here's some CC that didn't work on this project, but maybe I''ll try again for something down the road. The first two shots are from the movie Aliens (1986) that I used (from several) for color gradient testing. I was close anyways except that I chose to bring out the highs more. Other more modern movies have more highs I think. Anyways...

And here's how I'm doing the exhaust flames using cloned free detonation films footage.
    I used Blue Jet 01 according to my notes and can be found here...
    I pre-rendered the footage to 24p using Vegas 6 as well as cropping out most of unused areas first and chroma keying to get the alpha before bringing it into C4D.

Honestly, I could probably spend the whole 6 weeks of this contest just working on this shot.
    I would really like to rebuild the whole ship except the engine and nozzles, but that's another day.
    I meant to talk about how the animated planet was done but I'll leave that for next time.

Anyways, hope that's of some interest.
    "Remember To Dip the Right End of the Cigar in your $250.00 dollar glass of Brandy." -Doc Bernard.

2. Collapse Details
    I'm out. Having multiple PC issues. 1 monitor almost completely burned out, 1 hard drive crash, 2 windows XP install disks scratched that won't install and 1 drive I really hope is still intact but don't know yet. Can we start this year over again?

Good luck to everyone else.
    "Remember To Dip the Right End of the Cigar in your $250.00 dollar glass of Brandy." -Doc Bernard.

3. Collapse Details
    After 4 weeks of no PC (used someone elses to post) and a burnt monitor, I got my primary hard drive going 2 days ago, my secondary HD with my projects is still intact and I picked up a new 22" wide screen LG monitor just now. I also have a backup primary HD pre loaded with XP and the essentials so should the existing crash again I won't miss a beat. Woot. Just need to back up 120 gig from the secondary and I should be safe up to this point.

I missed this fest but I'm in better shape now than I was before this happened so that's cool.

A couple of other VFX dvx members from here are also experiencing setbacks and are out for awhile so I can relate to that. It's seems to be the norm rather than the exception anymore. Eventually it'll come around though so I'll see you guys when you get back.

Still one week left of CGIFest 4 btw.

4. Collapse Details
    Hey Bro

Where has the time gone .. too much going on .

Still looking forward to doing this . The Fest is out I guess But the project is still on I hope.

Picked up the DVX100 and forgot how to use it ..lol

Filming a Guy who built his Derbi car and the Derbi itself this weekend Sat 11

Still can't get anyone to help filming bikes !!
    Still a one man operation...

Props are coming along for the short Bro

5. Collapse Details
    We can still do it. Let me know when you're ready and we'll give it a shot.

I was going to mention the air show last Saturday too but didn't know about it until Friday night. And there was no parking at the base, just a shuttle without a schedule, so I didn't bother.

6. Collapse Details
    The last I heard on Sunday was a 2 hr wait to get in.

I'm thinking August might be a good time to film this .
    Geeez dial up sucks ..lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12