Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Latest SonicStates GH1 footage - BIIIIG Size
    It's ready and small it is not...610MB...
    As mentioned 12 shots, you can get the info in a text doc. here:
    http://gh1.dark-stone.com/sam/Intact...ettingsSam.txt

Here is the latest footage:
    http://gh1.dark-stone.com/sam/Intact/PRIVATE.rar

I'm not by any stretch of the imagination a pro so bear with any F-ups on my journey to become better.

The first four shots were done in my studio (audio) so forgive the monotony...at least you can have some music to listen to while seeing my space...4 different settings (see link)

The next lot were done at Nagoya station (got some blue sky for GreGory) with a combination of static shots (hand held), soft, medium and nauseatingly fast, hello-jello pans (although I don't really know how they turned out because I haven't seen any of this stuff yet). All done in 1080

As per usual, a big hats off to Daniel...my welcome must surely be running out after this upload ;)

Enjoy...and next stop is the LIST chicago kindly put together to make sure I wasn't bored on Saturday afternoon...at work. Nah, seriously I really enjoy getting more intimate with this cam...it's been a pleasure so far except for the lens cap which drives me crazy.

Cheers,
    Sam.

"Circles" Thread HERE

"Circles" Facebook fan page HERE

'Money talks they say. All it ever said to me was "Goodbye."' - Cary Grant

2. Collapse Details
    IC: maximun
    thank you very much for the footage. i am downloading it now.

just a question: what is IC:minimum and IC: maximum in the text file information?

thanks a lot...

3. Collapse Details
    Sorry that was my bad it should have been IE, Intelligent exposure. Will get onto the FOV test as soon as I can...probably tomorrow afternoon along with the other requests.
    Thanks

"Circles" Thread HERE

4. Collapse Details
    ProRes'ing the files now. The private folder works perfectly in fcp. Recognized it without being told where to go. Perfect, Thanks Sonic. and thanks for writing a seperate doc for settings info.

5. Collapse Details
    Ooh, I really love the daytime exteriors in this one. Playing around a bit now with some color correction and other stuff. Thanks!
    Check out my short films on Vimeo

6. Collapse Details
    My advice is to follow this thread also for anyone who is interested: http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=170652
    Very important info about shutter

"Circles" Thread HERE

7. Collapse Details
    Finally, FCP works. Not only that but I removed the pulldown with JES and I'm watching this with no interlaced ghosting or artifacts. Your 24P handheld studio footage looks very good to me and I think it's pretty useable.

Boy, still can't believe this is shot at 800 and 1600 iso. Blows my mind...

8. Collapse Details
    Small CC test on one of the shots: http://www.mediafire.com/?tnmzz4h50jd
    Check out my short films on Vimeo

9. Collapse Details
    Gotta say thanks for the this Sonic. Proresed the files from private folder took about 18min for the 12 files. Then removed pulldown and conformed to proresHQ took 15 min 10 sec for clips 3,4,8,9,10, 11, and 12 on my core 2 duo macbookpro.

My feelings are the 1080 24p looks just great, its not just wishful thinking. You have to remove pulldown to see these clips in all their glory because viewing the 1080 24p in the 60i stream you will see alot of aliasing. This disappears when you conform to 23.976 in compressor

Moire seems to crop up from time to time. Rolling shutter on those quick pans, and I thank you again Sonic for doing that, is there but minor and acceptable to me. Be aware that only two 1080 clips were shot at shutter 1/50 ( the closest standard filmlike shutter setting) and only one of those an exterior with pan.

Other than fcp making me go through hoops to get there I love this in 1080 24p. Hopefully updated FCp makes this easier. And Sonic , big props to you for doing this and Daniel for the upload.

If as I read you are willingly doing more uploads, if you can give more 1/50 shutter at 1080 24p it would be great.

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac_Brody View Post
    Finally, FCP works. Not only that but I removed the pulldown with JES and I'm watching this with no interlaced ghosting or artifacts. Your 24P handheld studio footage looks very good to me and I think it's pretty useable.

Boy, still can't believe this is shot at 800 and 1600 iso. Blows my mind...
    Sounding good!
    Yeah I was a little leery about winding the ISO up like that but so far the comments proved to warrant doing it for less light shots.
    Glad to hear FCP is cooperating.

"Circles" Thread HERE

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast