Price? Knowing PSTechnik I'll have to mortgage the house I don't own and that would just cover a day rental.
Weisscam HS-2 Digital High-Speed Camera
The Weisscam HS-2 is an uncompressed digital high-speed camera for frame rates up to 4,000fps. It offers the freedom of shooting either in HD or RAW mode, with an easy workflow: two streams (RAW and HD) via HD-SDI, two formats (4:3 and 16:9) and cinema-style images.
The Weisscam HS-2 has a full-format Super 35 CMOS sensor with a global shutter. By using the Interchangeable Mount System (IMS) from P+S Technik users can attach nearly every lens to the camera (PL mount, Nikon F-mount, Panavision mount, etc.) and also change the mount within a few seconds.
The output of the Weisscam HS-2 offers two simultaneous streams and uses the HD-SDI interface for both signals. With the Weisscam "RAW IN HD-SDI" mapping, users can transport the RAW files via HD-SDI Single and Dual Link interface. The HD stream offers YCbCr in 4:2:2 or 4:4:4. Cinematographers can choose between linear standard curves like ITU-R 709 or log curve for a higher contrast range within the HD-SDI image. The RAW stream is a 12-bit uncompressed Weisscam RAW file that allows the freedom to debayer in postproduction. In conjunction with the Weisscam DIGIMAG DM-2, users can record both formats via HD-SDI: YCbCr and RAW.
An intelligent master/slave DC/DC power management system prevents short circuiting and makes it unnecessary to turn off the camera for a battery change. Many mounting possibilities allow users to connect accessories such as onboard monitor and lens control system and power them by the several outputs of the DC/DC board. The very fast boot-up time allows you to be ready to shoot in less than 7 seconds.
after some surfing I came up with a link that had these suggested prices:
P+S Technik WEISSCAM Camera
24436 P+S WEISSCAM HS-2 "Basic": Weisscam HS-2 Camera Body (16GB) $131,900
24437 P+S WEISSCAM HS-2 "Stand alone": Weisscam HS-2 Camera Package (16GB) $198,900
Worth $150k to be " future-proof? "
Thread: Weisscam HS-2
Results 1 to 2 of 2
05-01-2009 10:47 PM
- Join Date
- Apr 2006
Last edited by hermmermferm; 05-01-2009 at 11:04 PM.
05-02-2009 07:57 AM
- Join Date
- Apr 2006
On Weisscam.com you can buy the HS-1 used for 30k!!
WEISSCAM HS-1 Digital Highspeed Camera
Weisscam HS-1 camera package including Hand unit, Control unit and viewfinder.
Price estimated from 25.000,00 Euro depending on condition of package.
(see below for more detailed contents of delivery)
Due to the new Weisscam HS-2 coming out, P+S have accepted a number of Weisscam HS-1
in part-exchange for the HS-2 (the HS-1 are techncialy all up to date and are completely checked by our certified technicians).
Weisscam HS-1 camera with PL mount adapter and Nikon adapter
• Mount for quick lock plate (à bottom plate already mounted to camera)
• Mount for ARRI lightweight support
• 12V battery mount: standard Anton Bauer Golden Mount
• 12V DC in 4 pol XLR
• 12V DC out 4 pol Hirose
• Video output (for external monitor)
• Tape hook
• FOL/Firewire connection
• Adapter plate for S35mm bridge plate
• External power supply (110 Volt/230 Volt
• Viewfinder (PAL)
Weisscam Control Unit Outdoor portable PC with power cable 420x280x230mm/ 16.5x11x9.1inch; ca. 16.5kg/36.4lb. with
• Operating system: Windows XP Professional
• Intel Dual Core 3,0 GHz
• 2 GB DDR-RAM
• 2 x 250 GB S-ATA HDDs 7200rpm/16 MB cache
(one removable )
• DVD writer
• NVIDIA graphic card (GeForce 7900 GTX )
• 1024 x 768 pixel, 38 cm / 15 inch diagonal, contrast ratio 400 : 1
• Connections: 2nd DVI out; 4 x USB 2.0; 3 x Firewire 400; FOL out; 2 x composite out; 2 x component out
• Pre-installed WEISSCAM Software
• Voltage converter (12 Volt to 230 Volt )
• External USB 2.0 Hard drive (2 x)
• Fiber channel cables (1 x 10m and 1 x 35m)
• Firewire cables 6 pin / 6 pin (1 x 4,5m; 1 x 0,3m)
• S-VHS cable (1 x 1m)
• Connection chart/Quick reference chart
• User Manuel
• WEISSCAM Installation CD
Weisscam Hand Unit with ramping wheel
• 2 x Connecting cable for camera (1 x 3m cable and 1 x 40cm spiral cable)
• Mounting bracket