Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Sonnet Qio eSata P2/SxS/CF reader

2. Collapse Details
    Dammit, I don't need something like this. I just need a simple 1 slot p2 reader that is USB based like the Sony one for sxs cards. I don't care if it's a slower method it's what I need in the field and would be good to go with a rental too. I'd pay 250 for that, why won't anyone make such a simple thing? The macbook I'm using does not have express card and I don't want a laptop that large or strong, what I've got is more than good enough for dumping footage.
    Why do there have to be puppets like Frank?
    My Twitter

3. Collapse Details
    P2 has been out a long time. I would say that for some reason, a low cost single slot reader is not a large priority for Panasonic, the development costs may be too high and perhaps they don't think it would be profitable?

There is already the Duel Adapter for laptop users and I guess the thinking is that tower users can use a camera to offload.

It would be nice but I don't see it happening.

Dan
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

4. Collapse Details
    Not all laptops have expresscard, my 13" aluminum MacBook doesn't even though it's more than good enough to offload footage. People are still using G4 PowerBooks to dump footage with, and my MacBook is several times stronger than that. Why should I be left in the cold because people claim it's consumer machine? I chose to get a MacBook because of size I didn't get it because I couldn't afford a MacBook pro. That said the duel adapted is a pos anyway with numerous problems, I just want a simple one like the Sony piece.
    My Twitter

5. Collapse Details
    why don't just get a PC laptop cheap as chips, IBM lenovo still has a PCMCIA slot then just network it to your mac later, or FAT32 drive

6. Collapse Details
    used powerbook g4 with pcmcia slot can be had for $300 on ebay. great for dumping p2.
    "There is no forest. There are no trees."

Cinematography Reel on Vimeo

www.fisherfilmworks.com

7. Collapse Details
    Because I already own a machine better than both of those. The solution of "there's no way under $1000 to offload P2 through usb so just buy yet another computer" is crazy. Don't you guys think that's a little extreme. Something like this ( http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...mory_Card.html )is all it takes and frankly even that is overpriced when you think about it.

I'm gonna keep shouting from the mountain tops that panasonic should make a simple single slot USB p2 reader. I don't care if it's slower than other methods, it's needed. I'm not even trying to transfer it into my nle, I just want to copy it to my computer's internal drive so I can move it at a later date. As it is I use USB out of the camera to transfer to my macs most of the time anyways and I've got no problem taking it right into final cut. All I'm asking is to for panasonic to let me give them another 200-300 dollars for the simplest of items. Just make it Panasonic, just make it.
    My Twitter

8. Collapse Details
    The thing is, all P2 card readers ARE computers.

(Adapters to Expresscard don't count)

- Mikko
    Mikko Wilson
    Steadicam Owner / Operator - Juneau, Alaska, USA
    +1 (907) 321-8387 - mikkowilson@hotmail.com - www.mikkowilson.com

9. Collapse Details
    Hey ecking I'm in the same boat in a few month. I want to go tapeless with P2 and the HPX170 and I have a Macbook which I really like because of the formfactor and leopard.
    I also want to see a solution for this problem or I go with the HMC150 :-) but now with the better price of P2 the HPX170 is the better choice.

10. Collapse Details
    $1,000.00 for a card reader? I don't think so. I am so glad that I am one of the few, the proud, the Duel owners who have had ZERO trouble with the Duel.

Dan
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast