Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Collapse Details
    Why update a camera that is selling faster than they can make it?

They will introduce a new product that does what we want, I see absolutlely no value to them if they give a free update to all of the users who will sell their 5D MKIIs to buy a 5D MKIII if it has all of the right features.

They don't care about users buying Nikon lenses. Out of all of the 5D MKIIs sold in the world, how many are being used by filmmakers in proportion to how many are used by still photographers shooting stills? I think this situation once again proves at how myopic we in the filmmaking community are about our significance in the grand scheme of things as a market force. We are nothing, a tiny little portion of the overall world market for electronics, we just make more noise than the regular consumers.

I really hope that Canon does introduce some manual control and or 24P. But I doubt that they will and this has been a huge case of wishful thinking all along.

Still ordered a 5D MKII and will enjoy shooting with it but it is what it is and you should go into it with eyes wide open.

Dan
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

2. Collapse Details
    Good points Dan. I think that if they are now saying that they are aware of the issues and are going to do something about it, plus the fact that they are showing off 5D mkII rigs in their NAB booth, that is good news for the near future.

Hearing things like that make me more optimistic that the rumored $7K APS-C prosumer XL-H1 style camera with an EOS mount that is supposedly going to come sometime in 2010 is more than a rumor.

3. Collapse Details
    Very encouraging about NAB and the Mark II. Canonrumors.com posted that someone spotted Mark II's on the set of Iron Man II. Another rumor, but NAB and some of the comments have me saving my pennies...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123