Thread: Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Collapse Details
    Congrats everyone, one day I hope to be in that list with you all. Till next script fest

2. Collapse Details
    Tim I think that we need to talk about the copy right issues I mean 'Ghost Town' I am sure Mr Gervais would not be too happy lol.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0995039/

Just joking ;)

3. Collapse Details
    Nice work everyone, looking forward to the next contest!
    John LaBonney
    Director, Dam Short Film Festival
    www.damshortfilm.org
    john@johnlabonney.com
    (702) 769-5902

4. Collapse Details
    a pleasant surprise.

thanks to everyone who voted for my entry. this is something i will be filming next spring so any and all encouragement helps.

#2, 3, and 4 were my top picks.

also nice to see two michiganders present.

i would especially love to see "the patch up kid" filmed as i think it would be relatively easy (and relatively cheap) to produce. i might know a good location too...

cheers everyone!

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by arroway View Post

i would especially love to see "the patch up kid" filmed as i think it would be relatively easy (and relatively cheap) to produce. i might know a good location too...

I visit Michigan every few months. My sis lives in Livonia.

I would love to see "Patch-up" filmed as well, but the actors would be more of a challenge than location, I think.

Would love to see "Comeuppance" on the screen. All the best.

6. Collapse Details
    Hey hey thanks Arroway for the endorsement! Although its subjective to the reviewers i do feel this festival came to award scripts most fairly (i mean not if mine came 5th or 6th booh haha). No favouratism pervaded the voting or anything silly (im sure it never does on the scriptfests) but im just extra glad it didnt! Anyway ill quit my ramblings :P
    Feature: LORD OF TEARS - A New Legend in Horror - Pre-Order Now http://www.lordoftears.com/

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by lawriejaffa View Post
    Hey hey thanks Arroway for the endorsement! Although its subjective to the reviewers i do feel this festival came to award scripts most fairly (i mean not if mine came 5th or 6th booh haha). No favouratism pervaded the voting or anything silly (im sure it never does on the scriptfests) but im just extra glad it didnt! Anyway ill quit my ramblings :P

hey... mine came in 5th... what are you trying to say? haha

i think it was fair as well....those reallly were my exact top three in that order.definitely earned it. but i was hoping to reverse mine and yours lawrie... lol... kidding! you had a hell of a script and you deserve it. i was hoping to just make the top 10, so i'm happy with 5th.

some of the ones who didn't make the top but i feel deserve credit for making great scripts were going home, the five seven, relentless, and the end of the line. a lot of really good scripts this time.

not sure i'll ever make first or second, but i enjoy these fests and i always learn a great deal. i've been looking, and there aren't many free sites on the internet where people can have their writing read and reviewed by other serious writers. and, while i may not be a film-maker, i love films and maybe one day i will actually write a feature length script.

hope to see you all next time!
    Script Fest IV: Go West
    Script Fest III:
    Valor

Script Fest II: Entitled

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by jamiejay View Post
    some of the ones who didn't make the top but i feel deserve credit for making great scripts were going home, the five seven, relentless, and the end of the line. a lot of really good scripts this time.

not sure i'll ever make first or second, but i enjoy these fests and i always learn a great deal.
    Thanks for mentioning mine I made 13th, so close.

I really enjoy the fests too, the feedback is priceless. It helps so much, I'm just happy to see I've improved a lot from way back during Scriptfest II. The improvement means I must be learning and doing something right. Looking forward to the next one.
    Last edited by MrKilloran; 04-11-2009 at 11:47 PM.

9. Collapse Details
    I'm from Iowa--I only work in outer space
    Congrats to all.

I swear I'm going to get back into one of these things, one of these days...
    The Plinkett Equation:

TOS16 + TNG5 + DS94 + VOY11 + ENT 8
    __________________________________________________ = History is changing every 23 millionths of a second

F649 + Alp987 + Bet934 + Gam764 + Del837 * 100,000,000,000

10. Collapse Details
    Mine came in 22 out of 38. Congrats to the winners! No btw. Congrats to all who finished their script! Hurray me!

btw.. an extra hurray to arrowray...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123