1. Collapse Details
    Bella DV Keyboard
    Does anyone here have the Bella DV Keyboard with Vegas Keycaps (Model #: 4100-05) http://www.bella-usa.com/detail.aspx?ID=40?

I was just wondering how well it works and if it is worth the $189. I like that the Jog/Shuttle wheel is built into the keyboard, but was wondering if it is really as convenient as it seems.

Thanks,
    Larry

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Bella DV Keyboard
    Bronze Member
    The Bella keyboard is a nice piece of gear, but for a lot less money you can add a Contour Shutttle Pro which is more versitile.

http://www.contourdesign.com/shuttlepro/

Gary

3. Collapse Details
    Gary do you know if the shuttle pro comes with the wireless feature yet?

4. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    The Bella keyboar is an inferior alternative to countor shuttle, if youre right handed. Think about it, if you have your right hand on the mouse, you'd be constandly shifting your hand back n' forth between the mouse and the wheel.

Better yet, get a countor shuttle and put that on the opposite side of the mouse. One hand on the shuttle, one hand on the house. You'd be hard pressed to ever need to use the keyboard while editing, since the shuttle has plenty of buttons you can customize.

5. Collapse Details
    The point of the Bella keyboard is using the mouse as little as possible, if at all.
    LEARN FILMMAKING - DIGITAL STREAMING AND DOWNLOADS OF GREAT TRAINING PROGRAMS!

WRITING FOR TELEVISION ARTICLE | "ASSUMPTION BLUES" FILM NOIR RADIO PLAY | "BLUE SCARLET" RADIO PLAY

6. Collapse Details
    We have used Bella Avid painted keyboards in the past, there are inferior in every way. I'd guess that the DV keyboard will also fail early.

I often suggest programming an Xkeys keyboard to layout the way you want it, I think they are still around $250usd for the 68 key with jog/shuttle.