Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Collapse Details
    Hmm I guess I couldn't quite make the impact where the film reveals several things at the end...did people link the shooter and the dope? maybe it goes by too quickly, or the shots themselves are too dark? I'd love to get feedback on how to deliver that better for the longer version...

2. Collapse Details
    Solid film and a joy to watch. I'm not usually a fan of being told the story by a narration, but it worked just fine for me here. Great cinematography and all the different formats blended well. I like to see the D90 footage in there...love that look. Again, if I had to pick at something, I didn't feel the jump to Justin's song worked with the rest of the score...plus I believe that song was used by another filmmaker in another fest. (it is a great tune Justin...just didn't work for me here...)

Nice work & I'm looking forward to seeing this play out! This might just be the sleeper of the fest.

3. Collapse Details
    ah finally my poster and banner are up!

still need to fix the bad compression...maybe i will use that uploader you mentioned, zazacast, as the file size limit is actually 1mb! just only 10mb storage...sigh...

anyway thank you everyone for the nice comments and feedback.

Cinematography:
    Some of it blended, some of it didn't. There was D90 and HVX mixed in one scene, which is a bit too obvious.

Most of this I shot myself on the D90, mostly on a shoulder mount...i love the easy run and gun aspect of this cam! And the last two scenes i had to run sound myself too (only one on set...:-( , with a boom mic mounted on a tripod wired to a zoom H4. But the time i lost there was gained by quick camera setup time. Wish the D90 had the precision of saving manual settings, almost impossible to match shots in post.

Maybe i should try another song, something acoustic composed by travel writer Joe Cummings, instead of Justin's? I thought Justin's song was appropriate because of the lyrics apply to the story. And the emotion it evokes, IMO. He's a great songwriter I think.
    Anyway not so clear in a short little segment it turned out to be in this version. Hard to tell also because of the narration VO. Will need to have a think about this!

4. Collapse Details
    Hey man ... Great movie ... I loved it ... good visuals ... Might benefit from a longer version ... and there is much to expand to (in the story .. i mean) ... Keep it up ... if there's a longer version .. post it please....

5. Collapse Details
    Hi Girgej,

thanks for the nice comments! Yes a longer version is on the way...but can't post it until this fest is done, according to the rules, i think??

Ahh anyway I'm not done with it yet, plan to take more time, will get some help with CC and more foley sound from some friends!

Everyone, just want to say that the feedback has been very encouraging! I so want to shoot a feature...Might have to start all over again though, if i can get funding...otherwise I will keep plodding along on a shoestring budget, as long as the people involved are still up for it (i.e. another month of getting up at the crack of dawn, out in the Thai sun all day for no money lol) So far all the people on the project have been really great, I owe it all to them.

Keep the feedback coming, criticism too, I need to hear it.
    Thanks again!
    Martin

6. Collapse Details
    I think this was one of my favorites. Great shots. The acting was really good. Rich color. The "dream" sequence" was awesome. The only thing that didn't work for me aws the handheld shots in the village where they picked up the drugs. Weird angles or something. But, really, it is such a minor critique, it is almost not worth mentioning. Great job. Color me impressed.
    "I don't think there's any artist of any value who doesn't doubt what they're doing." Francis Ford Coppola

7. Collapse Details
    Wow...some really good stuff here. Lots of unique visuals, strong acting, great editing. Some good lighting as well. I was caught up in the frenetic pace of the film. Interesting story and some great locations. Great work. Looking forward to what you do in the future. Great job!

8. Collapse Details
    art of living
    description of the difference between the left and the right filled under "Timeless Posts" on his blog:
    http://artmarketer.blogspot.com/2009...d-of-ddr3.html

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345