1. Collapse Details
    Portland, Oregon area people!
    Anyone within a 25+ mile radius, and would be interested in collaborating, let's talk.

I've always produced & directed my own stuff in the past, but to be bluntly honest I just can't produce something on my own at this point, what with being laid off since beginning of December ... but, if someone's not wanting to go it alone, and we all just truly come together on a project, bringing our own sack lunches even, we may be able to just make something absolutely grand!

Put your mark in this thread, and let's see what we come up with .... or, maybe I'll just be able to get a freakin' job soon, and then I CAN afford to make one on my own again, if I get no takers on this.

It's worth a shout-out, if nothing else.
    Norm Sanders
    Director/Producer/Editor/Writer/Blah Blah Blah

*click titles to view*
    "Meat Market" - Comedy - (Completed - DVD available)
    "The Indispensable Chaucer" - Comedy - 5 min - FINALIST in DVXuser's BetrayalFest
    "Berlin" - Dramatic Period Thriller - 15 min (WINNER - Best Historical Film at Route 66 FilmFest ... nominated for BEST SCORE, BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY, BEST ART DIRECTION at AOF Fest)

2. Collapse Details
    We should totally get a PDX(area) team going. I just finished a script that might work for this fest, but I haven't decided if I'm going to shoot it for the fest or just for the sake of producing it. I kinda wrote it for the story not thinking about my production capabilities. If I don't shoot it for this fest, I'd love to help out with other area projects as well. Hell, even if I do shoot it for the fest, I'll help where I can on other films. Count me in!

3. Collapse Details
    I'm up for some PDX/washington collaboration.

Haven't decided yet if I am going to get a film going myself.

AJ Brooks - Writer / Director

4. Collapse Details
    If you are in need of another Swing / Grip or any other position for this next fest, drop me a line. I sure had a blast on Last Touch! Congrats by the way Norm, it turned out fantastic. Thanks for including me on the shoot.

Jared

5. Collapse Details
    Jared, welcome to DVXuser! Thanks, you were a great asset to the team!

Perhaps if we all chipped in & threw in a few bucks to cover food, etc.? The MAIN thing that's stopping me at the present is finances, so I can't even cover what I used to at the moment. Either need someone that flat out is looking to exec produce a short (lol), or team up, but then figure out the structure of the team.
    Norm Sanders

*click titles to view*
    "The Indispensable Chaucer" - Comedy - 5 min - FINALIST in DVXuser's BetrayalFest
    "Berlin" - Dramatic Period Thriller - 15 min (WINNER - Best Historical Film at Route 66 FilmFest ... nominated for BEST SCORE, BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY, BEST ART DIRECTION at AOF Fest)

6. Collapse Details
    Sounds like a reasonable proposition to me. I can contribute some financially. I MAY also be able to get a cheap rate on lights and grip gear at my old place of employment. I've got a group of friends who would be willing to work for food. The thing keeping me from moving forward is lack of an experienced producer (not financial but details/coordination producer). My script has 8 locations, three of which are exterior streets which is a bit much for me to manage on my own. That and if I want to shoot in anything other than SD I'd have to pay full rental fees as none of my friends have HD gear. I'm not opposed to shooting SD - love my DVX - just saying it will cost me a lot more.

Anyone have an idea for a script that maybe isn't so location heavy? I'm working on a one location idea, but it isn't fully realized yet.

7. Collapse Details
    I've started a 'questish' script that takes place in one location: a University Library. Not sure how it'll turn out yet but I'll keep you posted.

As for my resources, I may be able to secure a location as well as some equipment (stock HVX and a ghetto light kit). But it's student gear we probably couldn't use until June. My guess is it would go hand-in-hand with the location since I'm graduating in a week; begging would probably be involved.

Financially I'm pretty strapped myself, so working for free and packing a lunch is about all I could manage right now. We'll see if I can find a job after graduation. Right now I'm in Oxford working on my last undergraduate essay (woot!).

Jared

8. Collapse Details
    Hey Norm,

I'm in Portland and interested in collaborating.

Most of my experience is in Documentary and Action Sports Producing/Shooting/Editing. But I'm open to other things like sound recording & design.

My summer schedule usually includes working on the east coast for most of the season. But its up in the air this year. Could be a good time to make something locally.

-Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Norm Sanders View Post
    Anyone within a 25+ mile radius, and would be interested in collaborating, let's talk.

9. Collapse Details
    PDX/Washington
    I would love to help out if your still looking for people? I'm trying to do more cinematography work but I can pretty much do anything on set.

10. Collapse Details
    I would LOVE to do one, folks, but I am STILL looking for a job, so I can't even afford to feed people exceptionally well (a requirement I've put on myself for every past production, if we're all working pro-bono).

So unless we wanted to share producer credits in exchange for share of responsibilities & some costs (mostly food & minor misc rentals)....?

Also, some of the folks on here are directors themselves, so we would need to sincerely discuss the structure (i.e. who would direct and/or co direct, who would produced, DP, etc.).

Thoughts? At this point we only have the month of June to bang something out, but something could still be done....
    Norm Sanders

*click titles to view*