Thread: Going Home

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Going Home
    Ha-ha! I forgot what I used as my logline...

I will have to update this later.

2. Collapse Details
    Welcome to the fest! If there ever is a fest.
    the writer formerly known as "Conlan Forever"

Need a short script?
    Have an idea? Want to collaborate? Contact me.

screenwriter75@yahoo.com

3. Collapse Details
    hey, bridget! so glad you made it! looking forward to reading your script!

jamie

4. Collapse Details
    Hey, you made it just in time. There about to open the read page next week! Lol

5. Collapse Details
    so i just got a chance to sit and read your script was my first one

SPOILER ALERT

i love the idea of a traveling brothel of murderous sisters out for revenge! that's awesome.

the opening scene was my favorite. it was perfect. your description was very visual and i could imagine how it would look on the big screen.

nice work!

6. Collapse Details
    What Bodice ripping action that was! So Bridget im presuming your a lady yourself - and if so theres certainly enough girl power in this script to make me behave!

So an excellent start - and a brilliant premise that works with a delicious vein of dark humour which I think worked well.

The characters of the girls were perhaps a little similar - and i think that there were so many made it harder for any one to stand out. Though this would not be the issue here if this was written into a feature which I have a sneaking suspicion you may be considering (are you!? hehe) as the concept is good, and the writing lends itself to looking a little like a smaller piece of the bigger puzzle. In anycase id encourage you too!

There isn't much to add - its so generally pleasing, i would simply consider that if this is intended as a short (of this length) that cutting down on your girls may be an idea, and a stronger rational for their revenge motiff be put out and clarified for us. As part of a feature its fine as is imo more or less!
    Feature: LORD OF TEARS - A New Legend in Horror - Pre-Order Now http://www.lordoftears.com/

7. Collapse Details
    Hi Bridget, thanks for the read I enjoyed it.

As stated already, the beginning really throws you in there, nice killing - my only question is where did she get the knowledge about which poison simulates heart attacks???
    I agree with Lawrie when he says it fits as a feature, as there is a lot not explained and only touched over. There is a lot of characters to digest and a lot of story still to be told.
    Some of the dialogue between the sisters needs a little work for me, it isn't bad but it does seem to jar in places.

I still enjoyed the read though, but do think you should explore the possibility of writing it into a feature. Well done.

Marshall Dean

Writer/Producer

8. Collapse Details
    Hi there! Thought your script was very well written AND good move bringing in the girls as main characters - proving it can be done in a western setting... yeeha... Okay, I notice a couple of comments re. your script making a good feature... yep... and that would allow us to get to know ALL the girls better - OR - keep script short film and adjust to tell the story through Delilah and say... Peggy without lotsa other named characters bogging up a nicely moving plot???

9. Collapse Details
    I liked this a lot, really a lot of fun to read.

The opening scene was very good and unexpected. Good descriptive writing throughout.

The dialogue was a little uneven.

Really like this line.

DELILAH
    Georgine, thatís our house youíre
    destroying! Aim a little better!

But felt this was not needed.

GEORGINE
    (Standing in the doorway of
    the cabin)
    Good shot. Terrance is dead.

The climax(the actual killing of Terrance) was a little abrupt for me, I don't know, maybe I just wanted Terrance to suffer a little bit more. But I really liked that he was killed by their Father's gun.

Overall I thought this was well done and entertaining!

the writer formerly known as "Conlan Forever"

Need a short script?
    Have an idea? Want to collaborate? Contact me.

screenwriter75@yahoo.com

10. Collapse Details
    Thanks for the comments!

Jamiejay - I 'm glad you liked the idea of the script - I thought it was an interesting concept. I just wish I could have gotten a little more of the previous murderous action in.

Lawriejaffa - I agree my characters are similar and yes, there are too many of them for this short. I did think about cutting one of them, but since I am a girl and all about girl power, I just could not bear it.

DarkElastic - Good question - where does she get the knowledge about the poison? My answer - she is a smart, resourceful girl and where there's a will, there's a way? Okay, lame. She dated a pharmacist? Okay, even worse. I don't know...yet.

NJPage - I do agree again - too many characters for a short. I also agree I should've gotten rid of Kate and Claire. Kate is the youngest and Claire is too motherly. But Georgine, I like her. It would be hard making her disappear.

Conlanforever - I think you are also right about the dialogue being uneven and the death of Terrance too abrupt. I have difficulty writing endings and I was writing this pretty late at night (before it was due) so I didn't have time to clean it up. Apologies. I am STILL a procrastinator.

Again - thanks for all the feedback!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast