Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516
  1. Collapse Details
    More Cowbell Pictures Michael Anthony Horrigan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor365 View Post
    You may not want to vote for your own film. As a mod said in a past fest: "it's not classy." And they're right. Besides, even if you won because of padding, what would that mean? It wouldn't be a true reflection of your peers and in the end you will have gained nothing but a false ego boost.

I've always strongly believed it's better to lose and learn than to win and learn nothing.
    Depends on how you look at it I guess.
    I have usually gone by not rating my films but when I made the finals (i.e. second round of voting) I was told that I then had to rate my film. Up to that point I had not.

So my suggestion would be to wait and see if you make the next round of voting.

MAH

MONSTERFEST : 4th Place - Sustained Excellence Award - WESTFEST: 3rd Place - THRILLFEST: 3rd Place

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Anthony Horrigan View Post
    I have usually gone by not rating my films but when I made the finals (i.e. second round of voting) I was told that I then had to rate my film. Up to that point I had not.
    I just set mine to 5 assuming that it was neither the best or the worse and that an average rating would have no overall effect. The mods have previosuly said that the system is pretty robust and one persons ratings wont have much of an effect.

Maybe they pass a Baysian filter over the results to reject the whacky ratings

3. Collapse Details
    So like 2 more hours, yeah?

4. Collapse Details
    is the first round over already? wow so soon...where can we see the results?

5. Collapse Details
    It officially ends at 11am PST...not sure how long after till they reveal the results. I'm off to cut the grass in anticipation! Lol/

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516