Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Submitting to other film festivals...
    I am wondering if anyone that participated in this festival is going to submit their work and attend a rl film fest.

btw gj everyone on this fest.
    Last edited by nouou; 03-23-2009 at 09:29 PM.

2. Collapse Details
    i might take the feedback i received in my film's thread, make some adjustments, and submit Take to a local festival. i'll have to wait a year though, because i believe the festival is going on either this week or next week.

yeah, it's next week, but too late to enter: http://www.sunscreenfilmfestival.com/

3. Collapse Details
    We've got a couple lined up that the newer cut of Tiny Dancer will be submitted to. The atmosphere of them is very different from dvxfest so it will be interesting to compare the feedback/results of each fest.

*Saturday Audience Choice Award--Canton Palace Theatre International Film Festival

4. Collapse Details
    i've made a lot of festival contacts in the last year thanks to IFHY and From Here To Awesome. I plan on using those.
    DOWN AND DANGEROUS is now on iTunes :: A smuggler bleeds like anyone else. He just gets more chances to prove it.
    THE SABI COMPANY :: FACEBOOK :: TWITTER :: IMDB :: #DADmovie

5. Collapse Details
    hey guys, the festival i mentioned above is a great new addition to the film community here in the tampa bay area. i think it's the 3rd or 4th year now, and it is packed full of workshops and community events (+lots of films).

i'm pretty sure they accept films from just about anywhere, so if you're interested - check out their site: http://www.sunscreenfilmfestival.com/

-preston

6. Collapse Details
    Good info, preston. I'll definitely check it out.

*Saturday Audience Choice Award--Canton Palace Theatre International Film Festival

7. Collapse Details
    DVXFest Promo Guru Rodney V. Smith's Avatar
    Once the sound is fixed, we're taking "Keeper of the Lost" to the Toronto Film Festival, so wish us luck. Considering taking "Falling Up" as well, but I dunno how it will play...

Rodney Smith - Flyin' Monkey Films
    Writer/Director/Cinematographer
    Website | IMDB Link | Web Series
    HVX200, Brevis35+Flip, Glidecam V-8

8. Collapse Details
    There are a couple of larger fests I'd love to take Tiny Dancer to, but I doubt we'd make the selection, and if we did, that it would do well.

9. Collapse Details
    Senior Member Shawn Philip Nelson's Avatar
    Zak, have you blogged/written a 'Zak's Guide to Festival Submissions'? I royally suck at film festival entrance. Aetas got rejected by both festivals I sent it to, and they weren't even big ones.
    Formerly user 'shawneous'.

"Every great idea is on the verge of being stupid."
    -Michel Gondry

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by shawneous View Post
    Zak, have you blogged/written a 'Zak's Guide to Festival Submissions'? I royally suck at film festival entrance. Aetas got rejected by both festivals I sent it to, and they weren't even big ones.
    Just keep sending to fest after fest. If the film is actually good (I don't think I saw it...and if I did, I don't quite remember) then somebody will pick it up. You've just got to find the right bunch of people that will give it a home, just like any poet or author trying to find a home for their work. Just be persistent and do LOTS of research on the festival circuits. You'll get there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast