Page 3 of 58 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    You don't waste any time huh?

2. Collapse Details
    DVXFest Promo Guru Rodney V. Smith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrKilloran View Post
    You don't waste any time huh?
    Hell no.

I told you guys I was addicted to shooting.
    Right now is the time to make a plan and get a team of dedicated individuals. Besides, planning this early I can plan to buy (yes I'm actually paying for stuff) some of the more expensive props and get my house in order. I'm planning on having a small budget this time so I;ve got to really make it count. remember 80% of filmmaking is planning (and this time I have a solid plan for good on set production sound, plus alternatives, thanks ot Shawneous)

Rodney Smith - Flyin' Monkey Films
    Writer/Director/Cinematographer
    Website | IMDB Link | Web Series
    HVX200, Brevis35+Flip, Glidecam V-8

3. Collapse Details
    So the pitch is off to Jason and the Moderators (should be a rock band with a name like that) and now it's all about waiting to see if I've been approved...

Since I'm an optimist, I'll just forge alogn here with my plans. Trying to hammer out the last 2 pages of the first draft of this script tonight and then forward that onto Andrew Stoute (my co-writer) and maybe Mike Horrigan will pitch in again with his unbiased opinion.

Andrew and I have spent the past week hammering out the script for a werewolf short that we're producing aimed at the Toronto After Dark Film Festival. There is some serious in that festival, so we've been trying to hammer out the script line by line.

I suspect we'll be giving the same treatment to the scrpt for Strange Days of Joey Davis, so I'm looking forward to that aspect... taking the script and then tearing apart and asking the ever important question of "why". I've been riding off of the high from the creative process with Andrew (frustrating at times, but worth it since we rejected so many stock or cliche solutions and we're really comign up with something original).

The story for "Strange Days..." is an original one and our treatment of the concept and the characters will be very detailed, so here's hoping you guys still like my characters once we've made them whole and not just paper cut outs.

Anyway, gotta get back to writing.

4. Collapse Details
    Nice going, Rodney. :-D Looking forward to it.
    Siddhartha Barnhoorn
    Award-winning Film, Television & Video Game Composer
    http://www.sidbarnhoorn.com

Composed music for:
    - Tears in the Rain (a Blade Runner prequel short film) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfLVwXkLwhE
    - Beyond (a Spielberg-inspired adventure film) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2h32WY0GoU4
    - Embrace Life seatbelt commercial. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-8PBx7isoM
    - Video games like Planet Alpha, Antichamber & Out There series.

5. Collapse Details

6. Collapse Details
    You are definitely on it man, I've sent something that might resemble a pitch for an idea that hit me after the announcement, but damn, you're half way done! I'm hoping to collaborate with a sketch group on mine or it may not happen, they like my basic idea, I'm just stressing to much on what tone I want to give it cinematography-wise. You are an inspiration to us all.

7. Collapse Details
    Do you have a good sound-person yet?

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by yeehaanow View Post
    Do you have a good sound-person yet?
    I've already met with one dude who was referred to me by another director here in Toronto. He does production sound and has his own gear and seems pretty cool. Plus I have my own gear here now so there will be a little bit of redundancy. We'll be using a combination of shotgun mic and lavs.

First test of the full unit, including sound will be on the "Flower" the werewolf movie I had previously mentioned. That's set for production in 2 weeks.

9. Collapse Details
    Incredible. You are faster than light. Its about 10 hours later, since I've checked the forum, you already made a pitch and have a thread going. Poo Pooing all over town. You have some serious momentum.

When is the After Dark Film Festival?

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprocketboy View Post
    Incredible. You are faster than light. Its about 10 hours later, since I've checked the forum, you already made a pitch and have a thread going. Poo Pooing all over town. You have some serious momentum.
    I never stopped so I'm riding the energy from Lossfest. During the past couple of weeks, I've been working on post for both "Falling Up" and "Keeper of the Lost", and also produced 2 music videos, one of which was supposed to be a tie in to "Falling Up", but there was difficulty with the timing of that, so it didn't quite get completed in time. A LOT frustrating there.

So this story came about because I was already in creative mode for writing "Flower" and once they did the poll on Questfest or Crimefest, my mind started to roll and I started the basic guidlines of the story. What needs to happen, how I see it ending, how it begins and then how it fits within the parameters of Questfest.

When is the After Dark Film Festival?
    After Dark is actually coming up pretty fast. We're going to have to make the late deadline of May in order to handle post-production, but I have a fast turnaround on the edit, plus we'll be getting an advanced edit together on set.

There's still a lot of work to do on post sound for "Keeper of the Lost" and I've mixed back in the original sound for "Falling Up", but "Keeper of the Lost" is the one we're really focusing on for the festivals. I'm handing over the mix to someone more capable than myself and for the next week or so they'll be tackling that, leaving me free to either be bored... or be productive and get another film rolling.

Besides, busy time is starting up again, so I'm really going to have to be juggling schedules now. The more I have planned out in the early, the better.

Page 3 of 58 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast