Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawsuit_Boy View Post
    Still a big problem, eh? What sort of motion artifacts does it yield?
    skew. the only way you can pan horizontally and avoid skew is to anchor the move to a subject, like an actor. if you look at the kiss in my short, it's the only time the camera moves horizontally, and the background is probably skewing but your attention is on the actor(s), who are not, because they are anchored to the center of the frame.
    DOWN AND DANGEROUS :: A smuggler bleeds like anyone else. He just gets more chances to prove it.
    THE SABI COMPANY :: FACEBOOK :: TWITTER :: IMDB :: #DADmovie

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Zak Forsman View Post
    skew. the only way you can pan horizontally and avoid skew is to anchor the move to a subject, like an actor. if you look at the kiss in my short, it's the only time the camera moves horizontally, and the background is probably skewing but your attention is on the actor(s), who are not, because they are anchored to the center of the frame.
    Ah, I see. Just watched that shot again (happened to have the video open anyway) and I see what you mean. I noticed the first time I saw it that that shot was one of the only ones to move horizontally in a pan-type motion.

Very interesting.

*Saturday Audience Choice Award--Canton Palace Theatre International Film Festival

3. Collapse Details
    That skewing is the same effect you get with CMOS and 3MOS cameras from Sony and one of the newer Panasonic cameras, not yet released.

Actually, I just checked... the D90 uses a CMOS chip.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Zak Forsman View Post
    i certainly will. and if viewers are taking perceived image quality into consideration for a fest with a 50mb limit on file sizes, what are you gonna do? personally, i am completely satisfied with "Mo/Pho"s reception in this fest. it's already exceeded my expectations. and honestly I would like to see the prizes go to filmmakers that truly need that gear. I don't. I think the guys that did Acceptance deserve the recognition that first place would bring, and the boost some new gear would provide. if I were to win something, the honor would be amazing, but i'd likely donate the actual gear to someone up and coming that I believe in. i've done that before -- donating funds and gear to aspiring filmmakers that could use a little nurturing.
    pay it forward...

Quote Originally Posted by Norm Sanders View Post
    Yeah, I unfortunately figured out how to do that just a day too late. My HD version, and even the standard version are now minus the letterboxes, and look much better with smaller file sizes.
    Norm, wanna share what you learned?
    Last edited by preston; 03-18-2009 at 05:01 PM.

5. Collapse Details
    Yeah, I'm very skeptical of CMOS sensors. The technology keeps improving, but it seems that a number of specific cameras keep running into certain motion-related issues because of rolling shutter and other issues. This actually makes me weary of certain cameras that I would LOVE to invest in. They all have their weak points, as does the dvx, and they must be learned and worked around (or assimilated into the workflow in an accepting manner).

Let's just say that if I had the opportunity, there are a lot of cameras I would love to give good, thorough trial runs. I have a lot of ideas for what I'd do with each.

*Saturday Audience Choice Award--Canton Palace Theatre International Film Festival

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Zim View Post
    Camera's used in the top 10
    3- HVX200

2- DVX100b

2- Nikon D90

1- Red

1-Sony Z1

1-XHA1
    Maybe you can put the films name under each camera and where applicable what adapter set up ect...

7. Collapse Details
    Acceptance HVX200
    Again D90
    Ano Sony Z1
    Collections RED ONE
    Last to Canon XHA1
    Lost at Sea DVX100b
    Melody HVX200
    Model D90
    Placbo HVX200
    Stupendous DVX100b

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234