Camera's used in the top 10
    3- HVX200

2- DVX100b

2- Nikon D90

1- Red

1-Sony Z1

1-XHA1

2. Collapse Details
    Oooh indeed, and both Nikon D90 films were also very wellshot and produced (I mention that in particular since its quite interesting seeing these DSLR's getting used). I'm surprised there were no entries produced on the EX? Less than last fest on the Red too :P
    Feature: LORD OF TEARS - A New Legend in Horror - Pre-Order Now http://www.lordoftears.com/

3. Collapse Details
    dvx is still alive and well, I like that!

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by chriscurl View Post
    And it will be alive as long as story telling is alive!

5. Collapse Details
    Oh absolutely!

In fact its hilarious because this festival (and to be honest the last as well) made the issue of what camera - codecs, encoders, resolution etc far less relevant!

Storytelling is King. So many of us in the hardware threads hehe probably turn our eyes up at that, and goodness knows ive squabbled enough times (pointlessly so) about cams (indulging in the most immature of consumer behaviours) and yet it honestly makes my day when i see again and again that creativity trumps any superficial hurdle presented.
    Feature: LORD OF TEARS - A New Legend in Horror - Pre-Order Now http://www.lordoftears.com/

6. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    Yeah, gotta give it up to the Nikons. Model/Photo was, IMO, the best "looking" film. Which is saying a lot seeing as it was pit against a couple Reds.

7. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chriscurl View Post

And I still can't find your friggin movie anywhere! More than any of the other films I'm enticed by your premise. Hook a brother up with a link!!

8. Collapse Details
    I say that those of us who shot on a dvx-100a or b deserve a fair share of credit as well for going up against good looking films of the HD world. Two made it into the finals.

*Saturday Audience Choice Award--Canton Palace Theatre International Film Festival

9. Collapse Details
    yeehaw dvx's. haha.

10. Collapse Details
    Total proof that it's not the tool, but the user. I remember when HVX came out & was allowed in competition, everyone thought HVX's would sweep the winnings. Then when RED came out, everyone was afraid that camera would sweep, etc.

Again, comes down to story/writing, and then overall execution (acting, directing, technical) as being king, with finally the image itself bringing up the rear.

If I had someone who knew how to squeeze every drop out of a DVX, I'd have no problem having it still be the main camera. A skilled carver can still turn out beautiful ice sculpture with just a butter knife, if need be.
    Norm Sanders
    Director/Producer/Editor/Writer/Blah Blah Blah

*click titles to view*
    "Meat Market" - Comedy - (Completed - DVD available)
    "The Indispensable Chaucer" - Comedy - 5 min - FINALIST in DVXuser's BetrayalFest
    "Berlin" - Dramatic Period Thriller - 15 min (WINNER - Best Historical Film at Route 66 FilmFest ... nominated for BEST SCORE, BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY, BEST ART DIRECTION at AOF Fest)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast