Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Collapse Details
    I understand the next fest will support video streamings. I would also like to see a youtube style comments section under the streaming video. That section can link back to the actual film thread that way people can comment as they watch the film and their comments can appear on the official film thread.

The way it is now people have to download the film and view it away from the site. This makes commenting less easy. On the last two fest I wasn't able to comment on many films nor was I able to watch many. I actually didn't even vote for my own film let alone many others. This was more due to personal reasons than anything else but I think applying the above suggestion would make viewing and commenting much more fluid.

2. Collapse Details
    Why would you not cast a vote for a film's rating after watching it? I'm only asking because you stated the personal reasons aspect.

Streaming would be GREAT, as long as it also had a download option to it. I'm sure there are plenty of people that may need the ability to download the films so they can watch them on trips, or other places they may not have internet access.
    Norm Sanders
    Director/Producer/Editor/Writer/Blah Blah Blah

*click titles to view*
    "Meat Market" - Comedy - (Completed - DVD available)
    "The Indispensable Chaucer" - Comedy - 5 min - FINALIST in DVXuser's BetrayalFest
    "Berlin" - Dramatic Period Thriller - 15 min (WINNER - Best Historical Film at Route 66 FilmFest ... nominated for BEST SCORE, BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY, BEST ART DIRECTION at AOF Fest)

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by puckthemad View Post
    We should rename this thread to: Victims of Puck's Reviews. maybe we can start a charitable organization.
    Make PSA's about raising money for the victims.

4. Collapse Details
    I commented on over 40 I believe, didn't have time to get around to all of them though. Something I noticed though, the number of comments on the movie's thread was directly correlated to how well it did in the contest. The movie's that were good and made the finals had more comments. Typically the less polished (or just not as strong) had less comments. There were a few acceptions but for the most part I saw this pattern. Either more people are inclined to leave feedback if they liked it, or the better film makers are more popular thus getting more views (and coincidentally more comments).

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm Sanders View Post
    Why would you not cast a vote for a film's rating after watching it? I'm only asking because you stated the personal reasons aspect.

Streaming would be GREAT, as long as it also had a download option to it. I'm sure there are plenty of people that may need the ability to download the films so they can watch them on trips, or other places they may not have internet access.
    Sorry for not being clear. I didn't have time this go around to comment alot on the films nor view many. The ones I did view were once I watched on my pda. When I said personal reasons I ment my work commitments. I have been busy at work and didn't have time to fully view and comment on everyone's films.

6. Collapse Details
    Got it! Makes total sense.

On another note, you were able to view on your PDA? I'm SO jealous!
    Norm Sanders

*click titles to view*
    "The Indispensable Chaucer" - Comedy - 5 min - FINALIST in DVXuser's BetrayalFest
    "Berlin" - Dramatic Period Thriller - 15 min (WINNER - Best Historical Film at Route 66 FilmFest ... nominated for BEST SCORE, BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY, BEST ART DIRECTION at AOF Fest)

7. Collapse Details
    I'm not associated with anything in this fest but I still watched and rated them all. There are still about 12 I haven't commented on and I may try to get to those.

8. Collapse Details
    That's pretty awesome of you, Blaine, seriously. I felt a sort of moral obligation to do so, as I have with every fest I've been involved in (or have tried desperately to get through EVERY one in past fests I was in). But, if I've not been able to get into a fest, it's usually because of some time issue, that then also prevents me from being able to even watch all the films, let alone comment on them.
    Norm Sanders

*click titles to view*

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234