Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    I probably have made comments on about 70% so far.

2. Collapse Details
    I sincerely believe the feedback is the biggest prize of all. Winning is nice side benefit because you get cool equipment for your next film.

This past week has been a blast.

I commented on about 90% myself, burned out and continued, but only viewed and rated the rest.
    Last edited by Sprocketboy; 03-17-2009 at 10:03 AM. Reason: add addition comment

3. Collapse Details
    I have watched, voted, and commented on them all.

I think I have received comments in return from about half of the filmmakers (which is great).

I would never change my vote for another film based on whether or not they commented on mine (or even what they thought of mine).

Still, I am a little disappointed that some of the filmmakers didn't comment on mine, as I really loved their films, I respect their talent, and I wanted to hear their thoughts about mine.

4. Collapse Details
    I've watched, rated, and commented on all of them (from what I remember)

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Messineo View Post

Still, I am a little disappointed that some of the filmmakers didn't comment on mine, as I really loved their films, I respect their talent, and I wanted to hear their thoughts about mine.
    These were my exact thoughts from TwilightFest...I was really looking forward to comments from the 'Big Guns'.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazaCast View Post
    These were my exact thoughts from TwilightFest...I was really looking forward to comments from the 'Big Guns'.
    Well, did you remember to pick up your tickets to the gun show?

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Messineo View Post
    I have watched, voted, and commented on them all.

I think I have received comments in return from about half of the filmmakers (which is great).

I would never change my vote for another film based on whether or not they commented on mine (or even what they thought of mine).

I've actually watched your film about 4 times and its a shame more people didn't chime in, but on the other hand that could be a good thing. There might not be much to criticize.

I would also like to add that it maybe a matter of taste. Someone may not know how to review something like your film. Apparently, action and funny are 'in.' Sad times need a good laugh.

8. Collapse Details
    My brother (themacb) is busy -- so I have kinda taken the reigns in participation.

But that said: I don't want to comment on someone's piece because i feel compelled to.
    I spoke to those that I felt like I could add to.
    Some of the movies I really didn't think there was anything new to say -- and in some cases, i didn't really feel like there was anything constructive for me to say.
    So I chose not to say anything, because I feel like it's better that way.

Too often in my real life I witness or receive compliments that people don't really mean (especially on a set), as well as "criticisms" that are not fully thought out or even true.

We all like getting comments -- i know I do -- but it's so much better when they're completely genuine and thought out.

Word. I'm havin a ball.

Voting is closed, where da results at yo!?

EDIT: although the comments on our flick have been great. I ain't hating.
    Last edited by abraham; 03-17-2009 at 11:28 AM. Reason: thought of something else:

el matador films

www.elmatadorfilms.com

9. Collapse Details
    I desperately tried to watch, rate, and comment on every single one. By the end of last night, I was so burned out and it was LATE (pushing around 2am by the time I finished), I simply watched & rated, and then went through & found the specific threads for approximately 10 or so films (the only ones I hadn't commented on), and let them know that I did watch & rate, and that if they want a review to PM me.

I've rec'd 2 PM's today, which I'll take the time to watch their films yet again & then give a fresh review.

If I'm hoping folks will comment on my film, it's the least I can do for everyone else's as well.

There's a couple of folks that I've commented on their film, and they didn't even acknowledge it when commenting back in their own thread, and haven't taken the time to do the same in mine, but oh well. Has to be expected at times.
    Norm Sanders
    Director/Producer/Editor/Writer/Blah Blah Blah

*click titles to view*
    "Meat Market" - Comedy - (Completed - DVD available)
    "The Indispensable Chaucer" - Comedy - 5 min - FINALIST in DVXuser's BetrayalFest
    "Berlin" - Dramatic Period Thriller - 15 min (WINNER - Best Historical Film at Route 66 FilmFest ... nominated for BEST SCORE, BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY, BEST ART DIRECTION at AOF Fest)

10. Collapse Details
    DVXFest Promo Guru Rodney V. Smith's Avatar
    Well I'm not saying comment in every single thread, but if there's something you really enjoyed about a movie, stop in and say so. how can that hurt?

Some of us will try to comment on every movie (10 more to go!), but it is a HUGE task and shouldn;t be undertaken lightly. Hell I still have to respond to some comments in my own thread, and that gets daunting very quickly.

Rodney Smith - Flyin' Monkey Films
    Writer/Director/Cinematographer
    Website | IMDB Link | Web Series
    HVX200, Brevis35+Flip, Glidecam V-8

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast