Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan_Crittenden View Post
    Do you have an AC Power supply? I am not familiar with the battery you are using. How did you have the battery menu set up to relate to these batteries. Have you tried with the AC power to have it come on? Have you taken it into Panasonic for service? What do they say the issue is.

So what does Panaosnic Service have to say about your camera?
    Yes, I have a power supply, but the camera didn't turn on.
    I declared the batteries as Sony's BP series, which are similar to the ones I use...

I just sent it to Panny, lets see what'll happen...

Andi
    HPX500 in Berlin
    www.drehbereit.de
    drehbereit.blogspot.com

2. Collapse Details
    Just got my camera back from Panny. First of all, good work, sent it tuesday got it back today!

They changed a "power sub PCB".... Whatever this is. Now it works fine again. I hope that doesn't happen again and I don't know how to avoid that?!?!

Andi
    HPX500 in Berlin
    www.drehbereit.de
    drehbereit.blogspot.com

3. Collapse Details
    Under California law, and most states, they are required to return your broken parts, if you ask. I hope you can get the part back, so we all could find out what was broken on the PC board.

JohnnyD

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
    Under California law, and most states, they are required to return your broken parts, if you ask. I hope you can get the part back, so we all could find out what was broken on the PC board.

JohnnyD
    Well I don't know about German law, but I may ask them to get the part.
    But quite frankly if I hold the board in my hands I won't know what's wrong with it unless it has melted or something like that....

Andi
    HPX500 in Berlin
    www.drehbereit.de
    drehbereit.blogspot.com

5. Collapse Details
    If you do get the board back, mail it to me, and I'll tell you what's wrong with it. I have been repairing my own equipment for 25 years. Sony and Panasonic have had bad capacitors over many years. I have replaced about 30 so far.

JohnnyD

6. Collapse Details
    Bad start for me as well. I just got a new HPX last Friday, shot with it over the weekend, and all was good. It sat for two days, I put a fully charged battery on just an hour ago, and the camera won't power up. I hooked up a power supply, and still nothing, so I'm pretty sure it's not the fuse in the Anton Bauer mount. Looks like I'll be sending back to LA.

7. Collapse Details
    Heya,

Just wanted to thank Abel Cine in LA for over-nighting me a replacement cam without even LOOKING at the failed camera. They saved my butt for a short feature shoot this past weekend.

8. Collapse Details
    Add me to the list of this one. Shot a story, no problem. Then went to feed the footage out and nothing from the camera. No one here uses P2 so I have to feed it out of the camera to XDcam. It's covered under the 5 year waranty but right now I'm not sure how to get the footage out for the networks. I have always done the file transfers I needed just out of the camera at home and without power I can't even do that.

Mike

9. Collapse Details
    Apart from a bad board, for some it could be something else. The first thing Id check is that your battery mount plate carries a fuse or not and if so check that it hasnt blown.
    w: Noel Evans TV

e: noel@noelevans.tv
    p: +61 (0) 408 455 374

10. Collapse Details
    For those of you that have had power problems, put your ear to the back of the camera, and listen for an odd pitch when powered on. This indicates a bad capacitor on the power board. And, when you send in for service. PLEASE tell them you want the old un-working parts. You
    have the legal right to do so. Then, send them to me, so I can find the problem on the board.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast