Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30
  1. Collapse Details
    HPX500 won't power on
    #1
    Senior Member Tom Shortridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    589
    Default
    Did a search, didn't find anything on here about this, sorry if it's been covered before.

    Just got off the phone with my boss, apparently his HPX500 won't power on. He had taken the viewfinder off to try and see if his Sony viewfinder would work on it. Apparently it didn't, and when he put the original viewfinder back on, the camera won't power on. The onboard light he has still works, so it's not a problem with the battery.

    Has anyone else had a problem with this? Could he have jostled something loose when he undid the viewfinder that would prevent the camera from powering on?

    Thanks in advance for the help.


    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
    #2
    Senior Member monkeyking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Wash. DC metro area
    Posts
    724
    Default
    I would not expect the sony VF to work on the 500. Trying to plug the sony connector into the VF port could have shorted something out. Perhaps hitting the reset button on the bottom of the camera will bring it back to life.


    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
    #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Curacao, Caribbean
    Posts
    544
    Default
    my HPX just turns off during shooting, they are investigation rght now what that could be.
    In the first place my vf turned off during filming but later it was the entire camera that shuts of.
    There are only 2 viewfinders working on the 500, the one that came with the camera ande the 2" vf. no other brand does work on 500.
    Dolph

    -DP-


    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
    #4
    Member andicam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Near Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    30
    Default
    Hey there.

    Any news on your problem???

    Coz my HPX 500 also won't power on anymore. Headlight works. Breaker's been pushed...

    Haven't had time to send it to Panny - hope that's a warrenty thing. The cam's only 14 months old...

    Andi
    HPX500 in Berlin
    www.drehbereit.de
    drehbereit.blogspot.com


    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
    #5
    Senior Member Jan_Crittenden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    New_Jersey, USA
    Posts
    3,621
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by andicam View Post
    Hey there.

    Haven't had time to send it to Panny - hope that's a warrenty thing. The cam's only 14 months old...
    It is if you registered your camera for the 5 year warranty.

    Best,

    Jan
    Jan Crittenden Livingston
    Panasonic System Communications Corporation
    Partner Sales Manager, NY and NJ


    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
    #6
    Member andicam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Near Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    30
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan_Crittenden View Post
    It is if you registered your camera for the 5 year warranty.

    Best,

    Jan
    Hey Jan,

    thx for your reply. Is this a known problem? Heavy repair??? May it happen again? Coz the camera had to work as a news live cam and it failed so the event couldn't be broadcasted and I don't want that to happen again...

    Andi
    HPX500 in Berlin
    www.drehbereit.de
    drehbereit.blogspot.com


    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
    #7
    Senior Member Jan_Crittenden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    New_Jersey, USA
    Posts
    3,621
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by andicam View Post
    Hey Jan,

    thx for your reply. Is this a known problem? Heavy repair??? May it happen again? Coz the camera had to work as a news live cam and it failed so the event couldn't be broadcasted and I don't want that to happen again...

    Andi
    I don't think it is a common issue. I would not take the camera back out without a service tech figuring out why it didn't come on.

    What kind of batteries do you use?

    Best,

    Jan
    Jan Crittenden Livingston
    Panasonic System Communications Corporation
    Partner Sales Manager, NY and NJ


    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
    #8
    Member andicam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Near Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    30
    Default
    I'm using SWIT v-mount batteries and the camera won't power on anymore -nothing- no sign of life... But the on-camera light powered through d-tap works...

    andi
    HPX500 in Berlin
    www.drehbereit.de
    drehbereit.blogspot.com


    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
    #9
    Senior Member Jan_Crittenden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    New_Jersey, USA
    Posts
    3,621
    Default
    Do you have an AC Power supply? I am not familiar with the battery you are using. How did you have the battery menu set up to relate to these batteries. Have you tried with the AC power to have it come on? Have you taken it into Panasonic for service? What do they say the issue is.

    We did hav a customer that was using something different for batteries and while we had zero problems keeping his camera alive for days the minute he got it back it would work for a short time on his batteries and shut down. So that means that either the batteries are suspect or the settings in the battery menu are not correct.

    So what does Panaosnic Service have to say about your camera?

    Best,

    Jan
    Last edited by Jan_Crittenden; 03-27-2009 at 03:34 AM.
    Jan Crittenden Livingston
    Panasonic System Communications Corporation
    Partner Sales Manager, NY and NJ


    Reply With Quote
     

  10. Collapse Details
    #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Curacao, Caribbean
    Posts
    544
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan_Crittenden View Post
    Do you have an AC Power supply? I am not familiar with the battery you are using. How did you have the battery menu set up to relate to these batteries. Have you tried with the AC power to have it come on? Have you taken it into Panasonic for service? What do they say the issue is.

    We did hav a customer that was using something different for batteries and while we had zero problems keeping his camera alive for days the minute he got it back it would work for a short time on his batteries and shut down. So that means that either the batteries are suspect or the settings in the battery menu are not correct.

    So what does Panaosnic Service have to say about your camera?

    Best,

    Jan
    That customer was me haha. It seems to be a battery problem yes, v-mount. Today I''ll pick up the camera. I'll keep you posted.
    Jan I'm very glad with the support thanks for that. Nice guys over there.
    Dolph

    -DP-


    Reply With Quote
     

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •