Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    What is the best player to play .mts files
    Hi,

I have just received my camera. I have been trying to play the .mts files in various players such as WMP, VLC etc. but they are not very smooth always. I did try the AVCCAM Viewer but it said with my current processing power it can only play 2 frames per sec.

I would like to know what you guys have been doing to have a smooth viewing?

Thanks,

2. Collapse Details
    if you're on a PC, download the K-lite Mega codec pack and install.

this will install everything you could possibly need, plus avchd codecs for mts.
    then you can use any player...except quicktime.

i watch mine in windows media player.

3. Collapse Details
    tHANKS averan .

In fact I do have K-lite Codec. Offcourse I have not re-installed it very recently. WMP plays the video but somtime there is a lag associated with that. I wonder whether I need to have a codec like CoreAVC to decode it properly.

Thanks for any feedback

4. Collapse Details
    Use VLC.

5. Collapse Details
    Windows Media Player canít import and play AVCHD MTS files. It is not a big deal. If you want to play them in WMP, just download a powerful MTS Codec software like Aunsoft Final Mate.
    For mac users, using the mac version.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by butter1093 View Post
    Windows Media Player can’t import and play AVCHD MTS files. It is not a big deal. If you want to play them in WMP, just download a powerful MTS Codec software like Aunsoft Final Mate.
    For mac users, using the mac version.

VLC has pretty much every codec built in so it can play any file format, but I find that the MTS files do not look that great (they seem washed out). If you have the correct H.264 codecs installed on your system, then Windows Media Player will in fact play them.

7. Collapse Details
    If you want to play MTS files on Windows Media Player, or other digital devices, you must need to convert mts to those players' supporting formats.
    Last edited by kevin605; 09-01-2013 at 11:51 PM.

8. Collapse Details
    am i missing something? i can play MTS AVCHD files fine on WMP on Windows 7. Was it unplayable in previous versions?

9. Collapse Details
    Just use VLC media player. If VLC can't play it, then the video is a figment of your imagination and doesn't really exist.

VLC plays everything.

10. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    Yes, Windows Media Player plays the "raw" files if you have something like CoreAVC installed. I've been using Core since about when it was released, and Windows Media Player actually has better performance with playback than VLC.

Regarding the person who reported VLC looks "washed out," this is correct. On the other hand, Windows Media Player has too much contrast.

Regarding Panasonic's player -- that's been a joke since the day it was released. More of a hoax than a joke.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast