Thread: What have you learned?
Results 21 to 30 of 36
03-13-2009 10:14 AM
Sound, sound, sound
03-13-2009 10:55 AM
1. Friends who are enthusiastic about a project and willing to help give you their time and effort are absolutely indispensable. However, a DP and some people who know what they're doing couldn't hurt.
2. Stay Genuine, keep things feeling real.
4. Actually punching someone in the face is not necessarily the best looking take of the bunch and also gets you angrily chased down.
03-13-2009 11:35 AM
Things I learned.
1. A film isn't always planned down to the micro detail. Its alot more fun when you just make the sh*t up on the fly.
2. Frank hates me (jk)
3. Rodney can be a valuble alie to have around...when he isn't b*tchin' like a woman (no offense women who read this) or begging me for a Kolachie
4. I may have learned more this fest than any other fest.
5. It isn't the camera that makes the film, its the man behind the camera....though if that man were behind a red, the hot topless chicks would want to give him kisses and such, so he'll remain behind whatever camera he borrows or steals and keep shooting hoping for the topless hotties...but Harris will do for now
6. Penguin will never make a film...
- Join Date
- May 2007
Canon 7D+Teddybear T-Finder+Tamron & Canon Glass+lighting+a bunch of other stuff+2 Beautiful Babies.
"Torn" Available now!
Vimeo Channel: http://vimeo.com/channels/47561
"RaZoRbLaDe cItY" December 2010. A Maverick Entertainment Release
03-16-2009 01:03 PM
I've learned a couple things in this fest.
1. Having great sound, really changes the whole dynamic of a movie. I will never shoot another movie without a dedicated sound guy.
2. Spend more time on shot selection and props - it's the little details that stand out and matter the most.
3. Sometimes, you can't always be "vague" and let the story tell itself. Even if you don't spell it out for the audience, at least give them the first couple letters. Hints never hurt.
4. I will likely not enter another DVXfest (however, I'll never say never), though those reasons shall be kept to myself. They are well run and a lot of hard work goes into them, but there are flaws and significant ones that really affect the outcome of them.