Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by rrraven View Post
    On the page listing all the film links to download, almost all the films have a "discuss" button in the second column. But three scattered through the main competition section don't have one - at least not for me! Is it that way for others? Same films missing that tag today as when I first looked at them on the start date.
    If a film does not have a "Discuss" link it is because they did not have a thread (or I couldn't find it) at the time I set up their entry's info in the database. If you had logged in earlier in the viewing period you would have noticed more than the 3 missing links, but as they notified me of the correct URL I updated their entry information which causes the link to show up.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham
    just to make sure i'm not a COMPLETE idiot:

rating the THREAD about the movie IS IN FACT the rating for the movie itself?

The only reason I ask is most of these movies, when you hover over the rating there are only 4 or 5 votes? Is not one voting yet?
    I think you got your answer from Blaine, but wanted to follow up to make sure it was clear for anyone else who may be wondering anything similar.

The star rating in the threads here on dvxuser are an unused feature of the forum itself. Some people rate the threads, but they are mostly ignored. It is not a function of rating in the fest.

Instead if you meet the criteria (have 50+ posts here, or have entered a film in the fest) then when you log in to the viewing page (http://www.dvxfest.com/lossfest) you will see an additional column to the right of the film listing that displays 10 stars. You select the number of stars that equals the rating you wish to assign that entry.

And a reminder for everyone ... this is an individual film rating, not an overal ranking system. If you give one film a 6 star rating, you don't assign the next films based on whether it was better or worse than the 6 star one. Instead each is assigned a value from 1 - 10 based on how you feel that individual entry falls on a rating of 1 to 10, where 1 means this is the worst film possible, they couldn't have done anything more to make it worse; and 10 is the best film possible, they couldn't have done anything more to make it better.

Also, assigning a 10 to one film and 1 to all the other films in an effort to make your own, or your favorite, film rise in the standings is pointless. First, because we have designed the system such that unless you get several hundred people to do the exact same thing for all the entries you will have no impact in moving a film. This is because the rating gives an overall average, so if you give it a 10 but everyone else rates it around 4 - 6, then it will fall around 5 because that is the true average rating that represents the majority view of the film.

Second, doing that would be pointless because we review each and every rating that comes in and we reserve the right to disqualify someone's ratings if they are clearly trying to cheat the system.

2. Collapse Details
    Gah! Where can I still get to the 1st round list??? Can I?

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Harris View Post
    Gah! Where can I still get to the 1st round list??? Can I?
    Right here, Mark: http://www.dvxfest.com/lossfest/round1.php
    Norm Sanders
    Director/Producer/Editor/Writer/Blah Blah Blah

*click titles to view*
    "Meat Market" - Comedy - (Completed - DVD available)
    "The Indispensable Chaucer" - Comedy - 5 min - FINALIST in DVXuser's BetrayalFest
    "Berlin" - Dramatic Period Thriller - 15 min (WINNER - Best Historical Film at Route 66 FilmFest ... nominated for BEST SCORE, BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY, BEST ART DIRECTION at AOF Fest)

4. Collapse Details
    For the record that information is posted in the Round 2 viewing information thread

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345