1. Collapse Details
    What is the best camera to shoot a basketball game?
    Hello there!

I am new to the site, and my knowledge of hd cameras is incredibly lacking. I need to find out what the best hd camera for shooting a basketball game is. I am looking for something a professional would use. The shoot would need to be of commercial/film quality.

Thanks for your help.

2. Collapse Details
    This is a very vague question, the fact that your filming basket ball specificaly is not really an issue.

You need to think about various things, your budget primarily. How many people do you have availalbe? Bigger cameras require more than one operator. What kind of shots are you looking for? Will you have to mount it on any kind of special grip, steadicam/crane etc.

If your looking for film quality then you should think about film (expensive) or RED (quite expensive) or a 35mm adapter system. All of these require more than one operator etc etc, bit of a pain to operate in a live events enviroment.

Ive got a Sony Z7, and its great, does slow motion which would be pretty useful for filming basketball.

3. Collapse Details
    I am looking for this on behalf of a larger organization. I assume there will be enough people to operate it. I am trying to find something that is somewhat easy to maneuver because there is often a lot of fast action in basketball. I am also looking for something that can capture that fast action accurately and with high quality. I am not going to say price is not an issue because of course it always is, but as of right now I am trying to get a sense of what brand/model hd camera captures sports action well. Does that help cut down the vagueness any better?

4. Collapse Details
    http://www.vimeo.com/2593224?2345

That camera works.

The body, plus a lens and all the stuff you need to operate should be around $250,000. You sure price isnt an issue?