Silent Bob's Evil Twin Dustin R. Rogan's Avatar
    roganFILMs Presents

A Short Film Shot/Directed/Edited by DUSTIN ROGAN

Starring:
    JASON JOHNSON-SPINOS

Music - DAMAIN SANCHEZ
    Produced by DUSTIN ROGAN and JASON JOHNSON-SPINOS
    Production Assistants: GARY FRENCH

Special Thanks - GARY FRENCH, DICK CAMPBELL, AND DAMIAN SANCHEZ!

This film had a crew of one and a cast of one.

My cast and I set a rediculous deadline for ourselves to see if we could do it. We succeeded.

This time around I have helped on Jason and Gary's films for this fest and it got me itching to make something. But what? So I set out to make a film unlike anything I've done in the past. Push myself artistically.

Rogan

UPDATE!!
    3/1/09 - I have a lock on this production, I'm pleased with how things turned out. Now for a little info behind the madness of this film. While on set for Gary French's INVALID DIRECTIVE, the guys and I were setting up for the first shoot of the day. I looked in the camera and loved the look of the natural light that was shining in the through the window, and the glow from a projection screen. So I said to Jason..."Hey you mind sitting there so I can see what it looks like with a subject?" He sat down and me being me said...you know this looks similar to what Zak does...then I had Gary grab the boom and Jason just said what was on his mind...i just happen to be recording on it. then I told Gary if you don't mind I take up a few mins on your P2 space and I'll get it from you later. then I saw Jason had brought his camera that he takes BTS photos with, and asked if that camera takes video. he said yeah it does. then I took things too far...like i always do. I said you wanna do something crazy? he said sure...what? I said we could shoot a short little film while we're shooting Gary's film, but it can't interfer with Gary's work. like when we break we go shoot. so we got an idea based off what he'd said when I was recording on th HVX. So we shot this film on 2 cameras the HVX and the cheapest camera I've shot on the Panasonic Lumix DMC FZ28. Then I said, bottom line is if we're gonna do this that we have to be done completely with it today! So we sat out on our little adventure, with the approval of Gary. Who thought it was cool that we were doing it. So come the end of the night when they were shooting the last scene I was hard at work editing our little masterpiece. And when Gary called it a wrap I was done and already showing the cast/crew the final product (minus putting in the HVX footage and the score being laid down) Everyone liked it. So, that is the back ground info on this film. Now time to wait and submit. So when you go to watch it, keep in mind, it was spontainously shot, and well lets just say its from my warpped mind

Rogan
    Last edited by Dustin R. Rogan; 03-01-2009 at 09:56 AM.
    DVXuser Entries
    Secret Admiration | Given | Redemption | Invaild Directive | The Dustin Rogan Project | The Five Worst Days in the Life of Bartholmeow Saxton | Sleep Walk | Melody for Alleyraine | The Gift | Polly | Mundane | Beans

2. Collapse Details
    Sweet! Looking forward to it...and just for that, I give you a rating of 5 stars!

3. Collapse Details
    Nice. I also acted in a one person film for this lossfest. Hope it isn't the same one haha!

4. Collapse Details
    Wait, wha???? You were in, then out, now in again?

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Harris View Post
    Wait, wha???? You were in, then out, now in again?
    Thats what she said

hehe
    Rogan
    DVXuser Entries
    Secret Admiration | Given | Redemption | Invaild Directive | The Dustin Rogan Project | The Five Worst Days in the Life of Bartholmeow Saxton | Sleep Walk | Melody for Alleyraine | The Gift | Polly | Mundane | Beans

6. Collapse Details
    DVXFest Promo Guru Rodney V. Smith's Avatar
    oh its you again. I thought we killed you and buried you in waco. at least that was the plan... I'm going to have to have words with Jason and Dick....

Rodney Smith - Flyin' Monkey Films
    Writer/Director/Cinematographer
    Website | IMDB Link | Web Series
    HVX200, Brevis35+Flip, Glidecam V-8

7. Collapse Details
    o.O

Rogan

ps talk to Gary...he'd prolly get the job done. Jason and Dick like me too much to kill me off...maybe wound me severely...lol
    DVXuser Entries

8. Collapse Details
    Nosey Penguin
    Holy fake leg! I smell PR stunt...

Looking forward to it.

9. Collapse Details
    DVXFest Promo Guru Rodney V. Smith's Avatar
    okay so maybe that wasn't the plan after all... glad you're back buddy!

Rodney Smith - Flyin' Monkey Films
    Writer/Director/Cinematographer
    Website | IMDB Link | Web Series
    HVX200, Brevis35+Flip, Glidecam V-8

10. Collapse Details
    interesting concept.

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast