Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    FYI - If you upgrade to the WesternDigital 320gb (uses the same voltage settings and temperature requirements as the original Hitachi drive that Focus Enhancements puts in, then you will get 355 Minutes of Recording Time!

I think I will upgrade my 250gb to the 320gb now Which means...I have a 250gb WesternDigital drive to sell. Anyone want it? I will let it go for $50, and will send it to you already Fat32 formatted as a single partition if you like

Good Luck,
    -crobs808

2. Collapse Details
    Ive sent mine in to change over to PAL, will change the drive when it returns.

What would be good - hot swappable drives in the fs.
    w: Noel Evans TV

e: noel@noelevans.tv
    p: +61 (0) 408 455 374

ECHOES DOCUMENTARY - PURCHASE ON VIMEO ON DEMAND - ALL FUNDS GO TO THE CITY OF RIKUZENTAKAKA TO HELP CONTINUE THE REBUILD. https://vimeo.com/ondemand/echoesdocumentary

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by monday1313 View Post
    the double partition did not crash.
    hi,

today i tested recording with one big partition and it didnīt crash. recorded some 3 hrs 50 minutes or so. left 40 minutes free space on the firestore. wanted to record longer but the accu of the hvx was empty. ;-)

maybe your crash was caused by another thing?
    ---- HVX200E and FS-100 IDE with 250GB (WD Scorpio IDE HDD) ----

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by crobs808 View Post
    FYI - If you upgrade to the WesternDigital 320gb (uses the same voltage settings and temperature requirements as the original Hitachi drive that Focus Enhancements puts in, then you will get 355 Minutes of Recording Time!

I think I will upgrade my 250gb to the 320gb now Which means...I have a 250gb WesternDigital drive to sell. Anyone want it? I will let it go for $50, and will send it to you already Fat32 formatted as a single partition if you like
    @crobs808:
    did you test it with 320gb? the readme in the 4.01 bios says that only 250gb hdd is supported.

5. Collapse Details
    Can anyone attest to the fan problem actually being caused from the "square of metal"? I will be upgrading my FS-100 in a week or so and wanted to be sure. We have some of the HD-100's (JVC version) at my work and decided to upgrade one since it had been dropped once or twice! It was a seemless upgrade, however we seem to be having the same fan issue. But there is no "square of metal" attached to the old HD-100 drive?! I'm trying my damdist to get this thing hot enough to engage the fan but no luck so far. I don't seem to remember the fan on my FS-100 going on too often, only during mid-day summer shoots. I wonder what temp the diagnostics have to read in order to start the fan? Anybody?

6. Collapse Details
    Does anyone have pics or video of the inside of a FS-100? I have a 160 gig model not sure if it's Sata ot IDE? I tried opening it but couldnt open it al the way seem like something was holding it close together. I had all the screws out. I think it was the ribbion it seemed very tight? I'm looking to either replace the dive with on that has better shock & vibrations rating or to a SSD. I think I have an IDE model will switching to a Sata HD help with vibrations? Or is therre just better IDE HD's? I have seen HDrevolutions site and am thinking about their kit but do I need to switch to Sata if I have IDE?
    Last edited by randy09660; 04-02-2009 at 09:20 AM. Reason: miss spelled

7. Collapse Details
    I have a 160 with 2 partitions 100 & 60 guess thats just the way they want it to be?

8. Collapse Details
    I have a 160 version two partitions 100 & 60 works fine as far as seamless recording. My trouble is vibrations which why I'm thinking bout going with a SSD. Unless I can find a HDD with better shock & Vibrations ratings.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Frantic View Post
    no, iīm not concerned about performance issues. i am just curious why the BIOS is asking me to make two partitions although it would be compatible with the 250Gb partition.
    i think the bigger the cluster size is, the better the write performance. video files are normally very big. so my way should be the one with better performance.

anybody with original 250GB fs-100 here?
    if you know someone who owns such a original 250GB fs-100, ask him how it is partitioned and how it works, if there are two partitions!
    I have a 160 gig model and it aways makes 2 partitions 1 is 112 minutes in DVCPRHD & 2 is 62 minutes. Been like that from brand new works seamless but I never have used it in P2 only in QT. I'd like to swap to a bigger and better drive for vibration reasons. I'd really like to get a SSD anyone done that yet?
    Last edited by randy09660; 04-21-2009 at 06:56 AM. Reason: forgot something

10. Collapse Details
    what happens if you make a file which is going over the first partition? is it cut into two pieces and the rest of the file is stored onto the second partition?

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast