Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
  1. Collapse Details
    if both drives aren't recognized, it's probably an issue with the firestore. check all cables inside the hardware, check if the flashing is correct (bios 4.01).
    ---- HVX200E and FS-100 IDE with 250GB (WD Scorpio IDE HDD) ----

2. Collapse Details
    Can I just wait until I have a harddrive failure and then try this?

Is the proprietary Firestore element likely to fail before the actual harddrive element? I'd feel like a god having 300 minutes of HD to shoot. But I don't want to risk it at the moment.

Jesus, someone has 557 minutes of HD they can shoot? No s*%t.
    Last edited by Knoxworth; 09-21-2010 at 04:39 AM.

3. Collapse Details
    According to Barrack: Yes, you can!

But: if you know where (on which end) a soldering iron is getting hot you should not brick your firestore if you pimp it up. Just do exactly what i wrote in my first posting.
    ---- HVX200E and FS-100 IDE with 250GB (WD Scorpio IDE HDD) ----

4. Collapse Details
    My original FS came on as a 250GB SATA by Hitachi HDD.. was wondering if anyone else have a similar device ? Any bad experience from it? I'm thinking of swapping it to 500GB.

I'm wondering if the internal re-formatting would still automatically partition them to 150mins each, would it be partitioned into 4? (Since. 250GB = 150mins x2 - P2 format, so 500GB = 150mins x4)??

Thanks.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by vx-2 View Post
    My original FS came on as a 250GB SATA by Hitachi HDD.. was wondering if anyone else have a similar device ? Any bad experience from it? I'm thinking of swapping it to 500GB.

I'm wondering if the internal re-formatting would still automatically partition them to 150mins each, would it be partitioned into 4? (Since. 250GB = 150mins x2 - P2 format, so 500GB = 150mins x4)??

Thanks.
    I cannot speak for how it works on a 500GB (I did not even know there was a 500GB in IDE available, I thought 320GB was the biggest IDE in 2.5" size)

Anyway, I am using the 320GB successfully, but you cannot use the formatting feature on the Firestore itself. Just format it once, the first time as FAT32, single partition, which gave me 356minutes of recording time. When done recording perform the Organize function, then just CUT/PASTE (rather than copy) the files off to your Desktop. After that is done your drive will be back to 356 minutes available (you never have to format again).

The reason it works with the 250 and not anything higher than the 250, is because Firestore uses the same firmware in both their factory shipped 100gb and 250gb models. The Firestore does not know how to partition anything bigger than 250, so it just leaves the extra space higher than 250 as unused and not partitioned (that is why you see lower recording times when you use the device's partitioning function - NEVER do that after you have done it once)

Good luck - I am selling mine if anyone is interested (or will trade for a 64gb P2 card)

6. Collapse Details
    is it possible to upgrade with all 2,5" IDE drives? like +hitachi/seagate...
    Last edited by vonkuttenberg; 12-05-2011 at 09:21 AM.

7. Collapse Details
    I have a few FS-100's and need to upgrade them, but it looks like focus us no longer and the link for the bios upgrade is history. Does any one have the Bios update for version 2.0 to 4.0, 4.1 and 4.0 to 4.1 that they can send me?

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by crobs808 View Post
    (that is why you see lower recording times when you use the device's partitioning function - NEVER do that after you have done it once)
    How would you know if the FS-100 was purchased used on ebay?

9. Collapse Details
    Hello,

First off, I just want to say. Thank You for all the information given in these threads. Just so much you can learn from everyone.

Request: I have a FOCUS FIRESTORE FS-100 that the IDE 2.5 80gb HD is starting to go bad. I was curious about swapping out the drive. So started to google search around if anyone did it. And came across this threads. I would love to upgrade it to a larger drive. But notice you need to update the Firmware to 4.01 and my device is still at firmware 2.0 on it. So went and notice that Vitec doesn't have any of Focus original devices archived on there site to download. So wasn't able to find any firmware updates for my device. So if anyone still has this laying around it would be great if someone can share it. PLEASE!!!

Thanks,
    HELMINATOR

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910