Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    How do i transfer Sony Vegas from Laptop to new computer?
    I Bought and Built my new PC last week...I will soon be with my laptop cable so I was thinking...is it possible to put vegas on the PC without having to pay again for the product?

Thanks

2. Collapse Details
    Yeah, if I remember correctly, you can run it on up to 3 machines at once under the same license.

3. Collapse Details
    Correct.
    LEARN FILMMAKING -- DIGITAL DOWNLOADS of great tutorials - see screen shots, preview reels, and more

WRITING FOR TELEVISION ARTICLE

4. Collapse Details
    I think I downloaded it rather than on CD...Would it be easy to find all the files? I guess It will be a Zip File somewhere...or an email that I used...
    I'll check when I get my power cable...had to import one from Canada to UK as I bought my laptop from Florida...and all my files are on there...
    P.S I like your horse

5. Collapse Details
    Just download it again. The serial number will work.
    LEARN FILMMAKING -- DIGITAL DOWNLOADS of great tutorials - see screen shots, preview reels, and more

6. Collapse Details
    Thanks David

7. Collapse Details
    Hi there. I'm going to be running Vegas 7.0 on my laptop. It is installed on my desktop computer now. I installed Vegas 7.0 on my laptop. It's a legit copy, but I installed it from my external hard drive and not from the original DVDs that I can't find. I've got the serial number located on the version installed on my desktop, but Vegas requires the hyphens included in the serial number to verify correctly.

It appears the format for the Vegas product key downloaded directly from Sony has a format that resembles: JF-XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX

I'm Just not sure that the hyphens from the DVD version that I have are the same as the one downloadable from the Sony store themselves. Can anyone that has Vegas 7.0 tell me the correct hyphen format so I can install the software and find out what else on Vegas won't work correctly on my 64kb Vista laptop?

Thanks!!!!

8. Collapse Details
    There's no difference between the Vegas you download and the Vegas from the discs.

9. Collapse Details
    hmmm, I wonder why my serial number won't work then. Could it be an issue related to vista vs. XP? What is the second set of alphanumeric information below the serial number in the general vegas info: 2ZGXXXXX-XX?

10. Collapse Details
    I've called Sony customer service and they've been very easy to work with changing computers or removing #'s from one computer to another. I always just download the latest and erase the download when I'm done so I don't clog the hard drive. The days of keeping original discs is disappearing fast.
    Mark Gervasoni

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast