1. Collapse Details
    Why is Canon HV30īs price rising?
    After the announcement of the new VIXIA lineup the price of HV30 rose from US$539.95 to $599.95... (at B&H) whatīs the logic behind this?
    whasīnt it expected that the prices goes down?
    I am wanting do buy a HV30... what should I expect from now on? when is the best time to buy one?

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by k3pp View Post
    when is the best time to buy one?
    When the new models are released it will probably drive the price down. I would hold off.

3. Collapse Details
    Yeah... but Iīm not from the U.S.... a friend of mine is coming here to Brazil and will bring me one in February 11... I need to buy the camera at least 2 weks before... what I do? buy it right now? wait more a little bit? 1 week will change the prices?

4. Collapse Details
    You're getting a 'personal import' and you're worried about a $60.00 change ? Ahem!

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by k3pp View Post
    After the announcement of the new VIXIA lineup the price of HV30 rose from US$539.95 to $599.95... (at B&H) whatīs the logic behind this?
    whasīnt it expected that the prices goes down?
    I am wanting do buy a HV30... what should I expect from now on? when is the best time to buy one?
    This is because of the price equilibrium. If the demand stays the same and the quantity falls the price will rise. When they introduce the new models they stop producing the old ones. So the old one goes low on quantity. The same thing happened to HV20 when they introduced HV30. It should go down again when the stores start selling the new line and put the old ones on sale.

6. Collapse Details
    also currency and market fluctuation, fewer container ships crossing oceans due to collapse of container ship fees...banks not financing store inventory purchases, etc. Some of this has been covered on CNN and CBC Newsworld on how electronics prices are affected.... although there's a glut of HDTVs which means affordable 37" viewfinders for every HV20,30 or 40 !

7. Collapse Details
    Hey, I paid nearly $650 for mine in November, so today's prices are a bargain for the HV30. I agree, as soon as the HV40 is released, we should see a decrease in the HV30 prices. It's a great little camera at any price!