Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    i'm not sure if i reviewed your film yet, but i just wanted to stop by and say good job. pretty much what Zak said, actually. highest ranking from me, too. your film really resonated with me; i don't know how else to say it, but you got it. you managed to really nail down the essence of what the character was experiencing.

and the film-making was just great. this is the kind of film i wish i could make.

2. Collapse Details
    This is crazy!

I'm so surprised and pleased with all the praise and constructive criticism we've gotten here! I love you guys!

Click to watch ACCEPTANCE and MEETING in HD!

3. Collapse Details
    Interesting, you had some nice shots. I liked how it was cut. But just trying to be constructive, I know how a lot of people on here get really defensive and try to get people banned because they can't take a little criticism, but I never really got that he was in any way stressed, or sad, or trying to avoid those feelings. He seemed like he was just out and about like any other twenty something. That's just me though.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad_from_Chad View Post
    Interesting, you had some nice shots. I liked how it was cut. But just trying to be constructive, I know how a lot of people on here get really defensive and try to get people banned because they can't take a little criticism, but I never really got that he was in any way stressed, or sad, or trying to avoid those feelings. He seemed like he was just out and about like any other twenty something. That's just me though.
    it hits home with me because when i was 19, my father was dying of pancreatic cancer and I "dealt with it" by acting like it wasn't even happening. I avoided those feeling by behaving this way and I just kept going out, hanging with friends, staying out late, going anywhere and doing anything that would keep my away from home.

second note, i've never seen anyone here try to get a member banned for a critical review. what prompted you to say something like that?
    DOWN AND DANGEROUS is now on iTunes :: A smuggler bleeds like anyone else. He just gets more chances to prove it.
    THE SABI COMPANY :: FACEBOOK :: TWITTER :: IMDB :: #DADmovie

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad_from_Chad View Post
    I think a lot of people feel the same way you do, and are expecting different behavior from the protagonist. But I really didn't set out to make a film about a guy being sad about his father passing. I set out to make a film about a guy who is in complete denial of his father passing, and then finally accepts the situation. The grieving part comes after the film is finished, so to speak.

Click to watch ACCEPTANCE and MEETING in HD!

6. Collapse Details
    Thats tragic Zak - yeah just to pipe in too - when i was an adolescent and my parents seperated I too haha went into nightlife overdrive (albeit at a younger age than most) and was in self denial about it till it finally hit home!

I think Kyrre's story captures that faithfully, Chad grief works in mysterious ways.
    Feature: LORD OF TEARS - A New Legend in Horror - Pre-Order Now http://www.lordoftears.com/

7. Collapse Details
    Awesome movie. I really can´t think of another short i saw around here, where the acting was so convincing.

8. Collapse Details
    My gf and I sat down to watch the top 10 last night, in order. What a delight your film was! Very impressive. Technically excellent, fabulous lighting, great use of backlighting. Locations look real, solid camerawork, good story. My one complaint would be that you had to throw in a flashback explaining his father's death, so that we would understand his behaviour and sudden need to rush back. I felt like that was a weakness in the script, that it didn't know how to wrap things up, and needed to resort to flashbacks to explain everything.

But anyhow. You definitely deserve to be in the top ten. Solid film. Congratulations!
    Visit my film blog

9. Collapse Details
    Hey man, just wanted to say I thought your film was wonderful. Well made.. thoughtful... concise... unpretentious. I didn't watch all of the films, just the finalists... but I think I liked yours the best. Well done and good luck!

10. Collapse Details
    i just had a look at this (working my way down the top 10 list). Marvelous in every way! Congrats.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast