Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Hey Daniel,

Just discovered this thread.

The location looks great, as does the cast. Can't wait to see this!

Martin Lancaster

2. Collapse Details
    A couple of quick things!

First of all, there is an update at the top of Page 1. Not a ton of stuff just a status update with a little progress report on the Pre-Pro side of things. Good times!

Also, I wanted to brag on Martin Lancaster (the above post) for a second. He is the gentleman who happened to write this amazing little story! The first time I read it I knew I wanted to turn it into a film! He has been so gracious as to entrust his work to someone he has never met in person before.

Not only that...but he has been willing to make changes to the script to accommodate some of the options the location has provided us. And he manages to stay true to the story/characters and still integrate some of my hair-brained thoughts...

So, thank you Martin! I hope we do your script justice.

And to the rest of you...I think you will enjoy this fabulous world Martin has created!

Daniel
    LossFest Presents:

3. Collapse Details
    ANOTHER UPDATE:

Just locked another location today! They have been super helpful and are going to allow us to shoot on a day that works perfect with what we had scheduled at the other location! Here are a couple more "teaser" pics (also posted on the first page):

Also, added another headshot for Bill Flynn who will also be in this. He is a talented actor and a true gentleman. He played the British Butler in the "Commanche Moon" series among other things. We are pleased to have him on board!!!

You can check out his IMDB here:
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1418843/

And his headshot:

More later...
    LossFest Presents:

4. Collapse Details
    Great location pics!

Really looking forward to this. Thanks for the updates.

Cheers,

MAH

MONSTERFEST : 4th Place - Sustained Excellence Award - WESTFEST: 3rd Place - THRILLFEST: 3rd Place

5. Collapse Details
    Great stuff. The locations look incredible and it's good to see another quality actor involved.

For the record, Mr. Piatt's "hair-brained" thoughts are actually great improvements on the script. I did little more than give him a thumbs up

I've just been watching The Small Multiple again, and if this is anything close to the quality of that film I'll be a happy man.

6. Collapse Details
    Looking forward to your film (I really enjoyed the script).

The Small Multiple was my favorite of Timefest, so I'm sure you'll do great again. Good luck.
    Last edited by Maximus; 01-10-2009 at 10:02 AM. Reason: oops, wrong fest.
    "Talent + Perseverance = Luck."
    - Steven Soderbergh

7. Collapse Details
    Man this looks great! Love the locations.

Let me know if you guys need help on this one...

Also, might you be interested in some color correcting? I'm sure you probably crazy busy with this...

Tell Eric I said, sup. And were slowly making steady progress.

8. Collapse Details
    Hey guys,

Been busy the last few days doing more location scouts, getting wardrobe together and so on. But, we have a big announcement to make!

Herman Witkam has agreed to compose the music for this film!!! He did the music for our last short, "The Small Multiple" and did a stellar job with that. I am so excited to see what he comes up with for this short as I think it will allow him more leeway with the music.

If you have not heard his music before you need to check it out here:
    http://www.herman-witkam.com/

Other stuff going on that I will update later.

Looking forward to all the other entries as well! Seems like this thing just keeps growing by the day which is great!!!

Daniel
    LossFest Presents:

9. Collapse Details
    That is a really cool poster! I always look forward to seeing your films Daniel, wish you the best!

10. Collapse Details
    Thanks Anthony! Hopefully we don't disappoint! :-)

UPDATE: 01/18/2009
    So, we are going to have our first day of shooting on Tuesday! Originally we were not going to start until Friday but we had to move one of the shoot days up due to a scheduling conflict. No problem though...in fact it might work out better this way.

I've been running around like a chicken with his head cut off trying to get all the last minute details/props/equipment pulled together! But everything so far is coming along. Except for my boom pole. I have looked everywhere (and I mean EVERYWHERE) for that thing! I've torn through all the crap in the garage TWICE trying to find it. No luck. I'm sure it will turn up eventually. If not, I'll be duct taping the boom mic to a tree branch and hoping for the best!

Here is a picture of one of the props for the film...I made some ID badges for the characters we have added to the story:

This fantastic hi-res image was taken with my iPhone! ;-) There are a lot more cool props/elements we are going to integrate. Hopefully I'll get some pictures taken and put up there soon. I'm also going to try and have one of the PA's get some BTS footage from our first day of shooting and post it here!

Wish us luck!

Daniel
    LossFest Presents:

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast