Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Collapse Details
    "PLACEBO" - Piatt Films
    UPDATE: 01/27/2009

As I mentioned before we have finished shooting. We shot for a total of three days (Tuesday and then this past Saturday/Sunday). I've taken down the current poster as I will probably be designing a new one from some stills we were able to take during production.

Also, here are some screen grabs of the last day of shooting:

Hope you like them and there will be more updates to come as we enter post-production. I have an idea for some promotional stuff but I'm not sure I'll have time to pull it together...might all be the last week before voting that I do it.

Night.

Daniel

UPDATE: 1/21/2009

Well, we had our first day of shooting yesterday and I am really pleased with what we got. We had about a 10-hour day which isn't bad but I was beat by the end of it! Our cast and crew did an OUTSTANDING job to get everything done. And the location we were shooting at was gracious and stuck around late to let us finish shooting. There was one scene where I didn't get everything I wanted and had to combine it into a single shot...but the DP, Eric Meisner, did such a phenomenal job lighting it that I don't even care anymore.

Now we've got a couple days to recuperate and get ready for the rest of the shoot this weekend. Best of luck to everyone else who is working on their films as well!

There is a lot more that we shot but I don't want to give away all the good stuff! Hope you enjoy the grabs.

SCREEN GRABS - DAY 1

UPDATE: 01/18/2009
    So, we are going to have our first day of shooting on Tuesday! Originally we were not going to start until Friday but we had to move one of the shoot days up due to a scheduling conflict. No problem though...in fact it might work out better this way.

I've been running around like a chicken with his head cut off trying to get all the last minute details/props/equipment pulled together! But everything so far is coming along. Except for my boom pole. I have looked everywhere (and I mean EVERYWHERE) for that thing! I've torn through all the crap in the garage TWICE trying to find it. No luck. I'm sure it will turn up eventually. If not, I'll be duct taping the boom mic to a tree branch and hoping for the best!

UPDATE: 01/15/2009

Herman Witkam has signed on as composer for this project! He did an amazing job for "The Small Multiple" and I believe this film will give him even more creative freedom to help tell the story through the music.

If you have not heard his music before you need to check it out here:
    http://www.herman-witkam.com/

Also, met for a rehearsal with the leads. Did some wardrobe tests. Working on whittling down the 57 items on my to-do list.

Lastly, found a PERFECT location for one of the scenes!!! I thought I was going to have to do an FX shot for it (which might have been unfortunate) but we happened to find this place that fit my mental picture better than I could have imagined. Sweet! I'm so pumped!

UPDATE: 01/09/2009
    Locked our final location today. Went with the DP to scout it out and take some pics. They are very accommodating and the location has a lot of great potential. Apparently it has been used for a number of music videos...

Talked through a couple of effects shots with the DP. Trying to find a way to make them work. Did some high-level sketching on a napkin.

Also, took the shooting schedule I've been working on and started to put together the Call Sheets. Mind...going...numb... Not my favorite thing to do. But I had help so I managed to live through it.

That's about it for now. Going to bed. Night.

UPDATE: 01/08/2009
    Things are chugging along quite nicely! Turns out my fiance makes a great UPM! She has been on several shoots and has seen the way things work. She called me this evening and had done a script breakdown, prop list, has catering planned, etc. Lucky me!

Anyway, worked with the Screenwriter, Martin Lancaster, to get some modifications to the script based on the location. He has been amazing to work with!

Got some other cast members on board that I am excited about!!!

Also, starting to get props, wardrobe, makeup etc. shipments coming in. (When I say shipments, I mean the UPS guy dropped off two small packages today...)

Still a lot of details to work out but so far so good! I'll try and post more pictures...maybe some of the cool props...when I get the chance.

Peace.

UPDATE:
    So, I wanted to do this film for the last festival (Twilight Fest) but I got a job that took me on the road for three-months straight and I had to drop out. But, now that I am back I wanted to compete in this festival and I actually feel like the story fits this festival better in many ways.

Currently we are re-writing the script to fit the story to the actors/locations and we will be shooting in late January...23rd-25th.

Let's do it!

SYNOPSIS: In the wake of a clinical trial gone wrong, two members of the control group find themselves fighting for survival.
    Last edited by pia12254; 01-27-2009 at 01:13 AM.

2. Collapse Details
    PRODUCTION PROPS:

LOCATION PHOTOS:

NEW LOCATION PHOTOS! ADDED 01/09/2009

Last edited by pia12254; 01-18-2009 at 05:12 PM.
    LossFest Presents:

3. Collapse Details
    CAST:

Cole Kinsella - Justin Arnold
    *(Also starred in "The Small Multiple")

Shannon - Crystal Pate
    *(Also starred in "The Small Multiple")

Dr. Savvin - Bill Flynn

Eddie - Phil Vandermeer

Dr. Fanto - Matt Dickson

****** - Anthony Lyle

****** - Dustin Tilton

****** - Jacob Piatt

****** - Johnny Martin

****** - Josh Mills

****** - Daniel Matheny

CREW:

Writer - Martin Lancaster

Director - Daniel Piatt

DP - Eric Meisner

UPM - Bridgette Baima

Original Music - Herman Witkam

Sound Supervisor - Dustin Rains

1st AD - Mac Hernandez

Camera - Jim Millen/Eric Meisner

1st AC - Anthony Lyle

Makeup - Rachel Rains

Production Assistants/BTS - Adam Nottingham & Jacob Cox

Last edited by pia12254; 01-15-2009 at 02:12 PM.
    LossFest Presents:

4. Collapse Details
    This looks interesting. Cool location shots. I'm definitely looking forward to checking this out.

Welcome to the fest!

-
    -
    -

5. Collapse Details
    looks real good

im interested.

good luck

=)

"If it can be written, or thought, it can be filmed." - Stanley Kubrick

6. Collapse Details
    Glad to see this back on.

7. Collapse Details
    Daniel, I loved this script. I'm so psyched to see this film getting made. I'm sure you'll do an awesome job with it. Those location shots look fantastic.

8. Collapse Details
    Thanks guys!

Thanks Chris and I'm currently working with Martin to do some re-writes on the script to adapt a couple of things...should be sweet! Thanks again for your MoviePoet.com resource...I still check it out frequently!

May have some more location photos and/or makeup tests coming soon.

Daniel
    LossFest Presents:

9. Collapse Details
    Awesome. I loved this script as well.

Best of luck.

10. Collapse Details
    I'm keeping my eyes on this one. Interesting material so far, and welcome to the fest!

*Saturday Audience Choice Award--Canton Palace Theatre International Film Festival

Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast