Thread: Results!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Spectacular show guys!

Just goes to show you that peeing on lizards will win every time! Wait, this is the first time I've seen it. A most entertaining script - and title!!

Certainly a memorable fest.

aw

www.alexwhitmer.wordpress.com

Last edited by alex whitmer; 12-24-2008 at 10:21 AM.

2. Collapse Details
    I won't be getting involved in another script fest in the future, put it that way... I came 25th - thanks for the votes guys!

Marshall Dean

Writer/Producer

3. Collapse Details
    Yah mate definately don't take it too personal - mine didnt tear the rafters of rankings either but thing is - these are just opinions of peers - many of which may never have envisioned the film as you intended, and many who for reasons of taste would never share the same perspective of you on your or anyone elses film anyway.

I think its clear that scripts based more towards 'entertainment' within pulp, than say 'drama' came up trumps, and another day it could be the opposite.

My rankings and everyones rankings would have been different to the official ones here (unless their was a striking coincidence for someone) so in a way share the thought that not everybody would have the same order as those voted for. Its not like a kind of final statement!

For your script i wouldn't have rated that 25 at all - for me the kind of trendy/pulpy one liner / cheese/genre stuff is less palatable than more noir hard boiled detective/vintage type stuff. Others might have loved that and read ones with infancide and thought u know what 'i prefer something less horrific' fiiiine lol! haha

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=156837

You are also an artist (everyone here is) and that art is subjective, there will be works under/appreciated and over/appreciated with every contest. I suggest posting here and TELLING THE WORLD why your script is better than rank 25! Im sure you'll find some like me that would agree, and you'll feel better.

Vent it there!
    Feature: LORD OF TEARS - A New Legend in Horror - Pre-Order Now http://www.lordoftears.com/

4. Collapse Details
    darkelastic- the winner this time came in second-to-last in the last fest... so you never know. lawrie is correct... we all have different tastes and the voting is subjective. i hope you do enter again.

5. Collapse Details
    I don't blame you for feeling bummed darkelastic. I was 38 out of 39 last scriptfest and was pretty bummed. I still like the script I wrote last time but I can see better now why it didn't do so well. But that doesn't matter to me personally. I wrote what I liked. I did learn a hell of a lot being involved last time and that's why I entered again. I certainly don't care about being mainstream but I do want to get better at the craft. For me personally, I rarely see winners of a voting contest that I agree with. And unless your taste is mainstream you probably won't. Except for Kelly Clarkson, I can't argue with that. Anyway, I hope you enter next time. And remember, the winners didn't really win anything.

6. Collapse Details
    Knight of the Holy Order krestofre's Avatar
    Congrats to the winners!

I'll add my voice to say that I hope these fests are never a discouragement to any writer. I said before that this was overall the strongest scriptfest and I still believe it. I hope to see everyone back next Fest.
    Chris Johnson

7. Collapse Details
    Congratulations to everyone! I learned a ton about screenwriting from reading the scripts entered, and they were all good, fun reads.
    ScriptFest III Entry - X-Elixir - Deep inside the Third Reich, American GI's Buck Masterfield and Paul Bolden take on a cadre of superhuman Nazis who are hellbent on world domination.

LossFest Entry - White Wilderness - Deep in the heart of the Sierra Nevada mountains, a man loses his way, wits and will to survive.

8. Collapse Details
    Well done everyone! I honestly mean it when I say that I don't think anybody deserved to come last in this fest - it's really just an unfortunate statistical fact that some people have to come further down the table. I'm sure if you look at the actual scorings out of ten, there's probably very very little between the top few and the bottom few, the strength of the competition this time was so amazing!

Just a quick mention - thanks to Alex Whitmer. I've learnt so much from this fest, so thanks for telling me about it and pursuading me to enter!

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkElastic View Post
    I won't be getting involved in another script fest in the future, put it that way... I came 25th - thanks for the votes guys!
    Whoa, I'm shocked yours didn't do better. Seriously, I enjoyed yours quite a bit overall.

While I can understand being bummed about it, I wouldn't get too worried. I mean these votes are only about 24 other people in the entire world population (which was +6 billion last time I checked). It's not like you made a film that opened worldwide and tanked.

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Nektonic View Post
    Whoa, I'm shocked yours didn't do better. Seriously, I enjoyed yours quite a bit overall.

While I can understand being bummed about it, I wouldn't get too worried. I mean these votes are only about 24 other people in the entire world population (which was +6 billion last time I checked). It's not like you made a film that opened worldwide and tanked.
    Thanks for the kind words nektonic...
    I totally agree, in the large scheme of things this result is nothing... I am more concerned about the friendly voting rather than the desered votes! I was hoping this filmmaking Forum was different from others!

Marshall Dean

Writer/Producer

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast