Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Thanks to those who mentioned mine! And to those who didn't, GO TO HELL!

I did read quite a few of the entries and was suitably intimidated by the skill on display. I wish I'd had time to write up some remarks but by now I feel like it's too late. You guys rock.

2. Collapse Details
    Lots of wonderful writing on display here... was sad I couldn't comment on all of them yet... will in due time...
    Please subscribe to my YOUTUBE CHANNEL to see all of my projects.

New short film THE APPOINTMENT now available to see!

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Farnsworth View Post
    Thanks to those who mentioned mine! And to those who didn't, GO TO HELL!

I did read quite a few of the entries and was suitably intimidated by the skill on display. I wish I'd had time to write up some remarks but by now I feel like it's too late. You guys rock.
    it's not too late!

i will be sad when the Scriptfest III forum finally dies, but for now- we're still here...
    Last edited by preston; 12-23-2008 at 12:00 PM.

4. Collapse Details
    Exactly - I am here - on the cliff edge - open shirt billowing in the wind, mighty chest HEAVING towards the elements as i shout - with bellowing voice "NEVER - Never will this thread be closed - do unto me ... wind... rain... forum moderators - whatever you can"

Yeah... thats right, now lets see what happens!
    Feature: LORD OF TEARS - A New Legend in Horror - Pre-Order Now http://www.lordoftears.com/

5. Collapse Details
    Best of luck to all. Every script I read, (which was all of them) were winners in my book.

Hard to pick a favorite or top five, as I feel I would not be doing justice to the other fine pieces of work. Think there were all top quality with none standing head and shoulders above the others.

Well done all and have a great Christmas.

6. Collapse Details
    Senior Member MiataFilmSomething's Avatar
    Someone gave me an honorable mention. Boo-friggin'-Yeah!

Seriously though, GREAT quality by all the entires. It'd be too hard to pick just one that I found to be the best, because all of them had elements that stuck out and were different in their own way.

I'm proud to have been included in this one!
    "...and knowing is half the battle. The other half is violence..."

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by lawriejaffa View Post
    Exactly - I am here - on the cliff edge - open shirt billowing in the wind, mighty chest HEAVING towards the elements as i shout - with bellowing voice "NEVER - Never will this thread be closed - do unto me ... wind... rain... forum moderators - whatever you can"

Yeah... thats right, now lets see what happens!
    I want to bellow too but it just comes out as laughter damnit. Please God let me bellow with my brother!

8. Collapse Details
    My script was not the best, but it was not the worst... I found this Fest really difficult - having to fight off the bible club about the swearing in the script and deal with the higher level writers putting my unlearned format down. I tried to write a script based on not the most familiar genre to myself and I tried to do this with real characters, and not Hollywood shi*e... Now it has its problems and I thank people for their comments as they will definately make good adjustments to creat a far supior script... But it does not deserve to prop up the table!!!
    There were other scripts that were better than their standings also.. I was hoping, when I joined, that this wasn't a vote for your friends, no matter how bad the script, forum, but I may be wrong!!!
    There is my rant... I will have to think hard in the future whether I would get involved again... but hey, no loss!

Oh, Merry Christmas to you all!

Marshall Dean

Writer/Producer

9. Collapse Details
    Human Nature
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkElastic View Post
    My script was not the best, but it was not the worst... I found this Fest really difficult - having to fight off the bible club about the swearing in the script and deal with the higher level writers putting my unlearned format down. I tried to write a script based on not the most familiar genre to myself and I tried to do this with real characters, and not Hollywood shi*e... Now it has its problems and I thank people for their comments as they will definately make good adjustments to creat a far supior script... But it does not deserve to prop up the table!!!
    There were other scripts that were better than their standings also.. I was hoping, when I joined, that this wasn't a vote for your friends, no matter how bad the script, forum, but I may be wrong!!!
    There is my rant... I will have to think hard in the future whether I would get involved again... but hey, no loss!

Oh, Merry Christmas to you all!
    When you know who's done what it's hard to be completely objective. I found myself rating writers I was familiar with higher than others. So I had to go back and try to be completely objective, but it doesn't happen. However, once everyone knows everyone this problem will be lessened if not removed.

This genre was hard. I don't know many people that actually like it or like writing it. That may be why there were only 25 reviews. I think they all hit the mark when it came to the genre. Some had better stories, better hooks, better twists, better endings, and were written better, but which one put them all together. Hopefully those were the winners.

But it's a game. A game where the prize really is feedback and a chance to practice.

That's my answer to your rant.

10. Collapse Details
    Totally Usable Mod Stephen Mick's Avatar
    Hey, Dark, don't get too down on yourself or others here. The fact is that wherever your script finished, you wrote something. That's more than many will ever do, and as long as you learn from the experience and continue to work and grow as a writer, you'll be as much a winner as anyone.

These fests aren't a means to an end, they're a way for all of us to learn and develop our skills and talents.

Cheers!

--SM

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast