1. Collapse Details
    Best Green Screen Material?
    I wasn't quite sure which forum would be best, but since green screening is so tied in with lighting I thought here would be a good choice.

There's a lot of green screen companies advertising their fabrics online. I was wondering if anyone recommends any fabric or merchant in particular for green screen work?

I have some green fabric I got at a fabric store, but the spill level is pretty high so I wanted to just get the right fabric from the start this time around.

2. Collapse Details
    I have been using the foam-backed green screen fabric from www.filmtools.com with great success.

D
    Yeah, just like you, I bought a Canon C100.

3. Collapse Details
    Dark Side of the Camera Postmaster's Avatar
    Dan is right, foam backed saves you a lot of trouble.
    For smaller scens those green/blue pop-up screens (like bouncing screens) are pretty handy.

Frank
    frankglencairn.wordpress.com
    http://twitter.com/FrankGlencairn

Real men edit their films in a hex editor.

4. Collapse Details
    What does the foam back do?

5. Collapse Details
    Dark Side of the Camera Postmaster's Avatar
    Prevent wrinkles. So you dont have to carry an iron with you.

Frank
    frankglencairn.wordpress.com
    http://twitter.com/FrankGlencairn

Real men edit their films in a hex editor.

6. Collapse Details
    www.eefx.com for our foam-backed. Pull it out, hang it up and in a few minutes most of the wrinkles are gone and those that do stay aren't noticeable enough on cam anyway. Stuff is VERY durable too.

7. Collapse Details
    Www.eefx.com is where we got our as well. I don't think that are the only people to Cary it but the foam backed stuff works great. I hbe used it on many features as well.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by doofalot View Post
    I wasn't quite sure which forum would be best, but since green screening is so tied in with lighting I thought here would be a good choice.

There's a lot of green screen companies advertising their fabrics online. I was wondering if anyone recommends any fabric or merchant in particular for green screen work?

I have some green fabric I got at a fabric store, but the spill level is pretty high so I wanted to just get the right fabric from the start this time around.

I have ordered blue and green screens from LA Raghouse in the past and I'd say for the money, their stuff is the best value in pro rags. They will make custom sizes and their screens come with bags, eyelets on all sides, and black opaque backing.

As for wrinkles, here's a hot tip: spray the material (any) with a spray bottle (with water.) It relaxes the fabric and wrinkles pretty much disappear.