After thinking about some ideas, doing a few trial shots and renders Ive finally settled on an idea that I think I can complete. This is my first attempt at anything like this.
It will be about a 1 minute short that will hopefully look like a part of a larger episode.
Tools being used:
One of my kids!
The basic premis is that its a warning on why the age restrictions on video games are a good thing
Results 1 to 10 of 20
12-03-2008 11:57 PM
12-05-2008 05:04 PM
Interesting to see what you bring to the table. Welcome!"I reject your reality and substitute my own"
MKTG Film, Film Marketing 101
12-24-2008 04:40 AM
So work on this has been progressing.
I shot the plates, which took two takes as the first set were no good. I matchmoved the main sequence and synched some material with the render in XSI so a virtual screen shows sychronised images to match the plate.
Rendered the main CG sequence a couple of times to get it as close to how I see it as I can.
Put the whole thing together in after effects and tweaked it.
I'm now rendering a few extra bits to add to the plates before adding the sound.
Given that Ive never tried anything like this before its been a great learning expericence for a whole load of things ive never done before:
1. Learn to shoot video on the HMC151
2. Learn to matchmove it
3. Learn XSI ICE
4. Animate against the matchmove and hand rotoscope some of the 3d moves
5. Use Ae to composite it all together
6. Used soundbooth to prep the shot audio
Some things Ive found out:
1. Its way too easy to crash Ae, PremierPro and XSI
2. Manual Matchmoves are better than auto
3. Dont shoot plates that are lit by both tungsten and daylight as colour matching is a pig (I gave up).
4. How the hell do you get noiseless shots from the HMC151
5. The 64bit XSI wont load quicktime forcing me to work in 32bit (must figure out a format that works in 64bit).
I'm at the final stages now with the last bits of rendering cooking right now. Then I'll finish the compositing and add sound.
Finally I'll try to get the whole 40s+ sequence into 10MB (yea right).
12-24-2008 05:15 PM
Compression tips if you need them...
www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=138020"Remember To Dip the Right End of the Cigar in your $250.00 dollar glass of Brandy." -Doc Bernard.
12-27-2008 03:42 PM
I can't see the images. Were they deleted?"Remember To Dip the Right End of the Cigar in your $250.00 dollar glass of Brandy." -Doc Bernard.
12-28-2008 01:26 AM
- Join Date
- Mar 2006
I can't see the images.