Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry_Green View Post
    NDF has nothing to do with the frame rate. It has to do with how the timecode counts the frames. The 150 shoots at 23.976, 29.97, and 59.94. All video cameras do, except for the uber-expensive professional models like the F900 or VariCam, which have the option of doing exactly 24.00 or 30.00.
    Q Barry, so upon exporting choosing the corresponding 23.97 or 29.97 as the export framerate is the best practice correct? Or my suspicion is we may not even see the difference?
    arsenal: HaloRig HD & Mini - 4k Cameras - Panasonic - Arri - Comer - Canon - Sony - Sigma - Rokinon - Rode - Tascam - GoPro

Shaky Footage? Check out this affordable Camera Stabilizer, use coupon code "DVXUSER" to get 10% OFF any purchase today!

DVXuser Sponsor:
    WE ACCEPT BITCOIN!

2. Collapse Details
    Sorry to dig up such an old thread, but I have a problem similar to the one in this thread. Only in my case it is a bit more funky regarding the framerates :-)

I just bought a new action camera, the drift HD. Before I owned the drift hd stealth. They should both produce the same video files, but with the new one, I have lots of problems getting the footage into vegas. (version 10 and 11)

The old cam produces 29.97fps 1080p video, mov files. When imported into vegas, they are correctly recognized at that framerate.

The new one should produce the same files, but when imported into vegas, it displays a random framerate for each clip. Sometimes it says 32.354, sometimes, 45.829, 62.357 and so on.

Of course this creates loads of problems with blending frames etc... When I turn off frame blending, video doesn't play back smooth as it is constantly repeating frames, or shows missing frames.

The clips play back fine in any video player though. They are also fine in premiere and after effects, and are recognized there as real 30fps (not 29.97).

What could cause these problems?

Vegas also says audio is 32bit float, which cannot be the case at all.

So in general, something goes wrong during import.

Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Wouter

3. Collapse Details
    Try using a program called MPEG Streamclip to transcode your file to an intermediate codec before importing to Vegas!

Quote Originally Posted by aversis View Post
    Sorry to dig up such an old thread, but I have a problem similar to the one in this thread. Only in my case it is a bit more funky regarding the framerates :-)

I just bought a new action camera, the drift HD. Before I owned the drift hd stealth. They should both produce the same video files, but with the new one, I have lots of problems getting the footage into vegas. (version 10 and 11)

The old cam produces 29.97fps 1080p video, mov files. When imported into vegas, they are correctly recognized at that framerate.

The new one should produce the same files, but when imported into vegas, it displays a random framerate for each clip. Sometimes it says 32.354, sometimes, 45.829, 62.357 and so on.

Of course this creates loads of problems with blending frames etc... When I turn off frame blending, video doesn't play back smooth as it is constantly repeating frames, or shows missing frames.

The clips play back fine in any video player though. They are also fine in premiere and after effects, and are recognized there as real 30fps (not 29.97).

What could cause these problems?

Vegas also says audio is 32bit float, which cannot be the case at all.

So in general, something goes wrong during import.

Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Wouter

4. Collapse Details
    Hi, thanks for your reply. But wouldn't that degrade quality a bit, plus such an extra step takes a huge amount of time...

I don't understand why I cannot tell vegas that my clips are not 57.238fps but 30fps. Such a simple option would solve all the issues.

5. Collapse Details
    Ok I should have first tried the program and then comment on your post :-)

I tried it, just used 'save as' command, saved again as mov, it saved in a matter of seconds so it seems it is not recompressing my video or anything. Imported into vegas and hey it now says 30fps :-)

I have no idea how this is possible, but this is a life saver for me!

Thanks
    Last edited by aversis; 11-15-2011 at 06:38 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12